7th Youth Fighting Symposium - Bring your youth heavy and rapier fighters!

  • CJ M
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2009
      Greetings All,

      I would like to remind everyone that this weekend is the Youth Fighting Symposium, hosted by the Shire of Greyhope. This is the 7th year of YFS, and many great things are planned.

      Youth rapier events are planned alongside youth heavy fighting. Classes and authorizations are planned for the entire day, with tournaments following. A Pennsic rematch is planned as well, pitting graduates of the youth program against the marshals that taught them. This year we are proud to be hosting Crown Princess Ceinwen as well as Crown Prince Quilliam and Crown Princess Dagmar of Ealdormere, ardent supporters of the youth combat programs.

      Class offerings include:
      • The Basics on How to Become a Better Fighter - Henry of Exeter
      • Righteous Defender, a study on the writings of Erasmus of Rotterdam - Thomas der Kreuzfahrer
      • Feints, Using Them and not Falling for Them - Duke Sir Palymer
      • New Youth Rapier Rules - THL Amanita Villarosa
      • Youth Marshal Fast Track - Master Sean o’Shaughnessy
      The event location is:

      Grace Baptist Church Site Map
      2502 Monroe Street
      Laporte, IN 46350

      Event Fees:
      $4 per Adult
      $2 per Youth
      $3 Non-member Surcharge
      Checks to: SCA Inc - Shire of Greyhope

      A Bread Bowl Lunch will be served from 11:30 - 1:00, and a Pizza Feast from 5:30 - 6:00. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the event autocrats or I would be happy to forward them.

      Lord Justice McArtain                              Rowena McDermott
      Justice Napier, Jr                                         Correy McDermott
      ice_dragon_00@...                     workinggirl11477@...
      219-608-4925                                          219-851-4805

      Thank you,

      Brynniulfr "Brynn" Herleifsson
      m/k/a CJ Miller
      Shire of Greyhope