Brewing interest

  • Erick Maxskelly
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
      Greetings to all the brewing enthusiasts of the Midrealm,

      I am sorry I was unable to teach the brewing class at All Souls this past weekend. As I am sure you all understand, I was needed elsewhere. I truly wish I wasn't. That being said, I understand there is some interest in brewing.. I want those interested to know that I am always willing to talk brewing whenever and whereever. Please feel free to e-mail me if you would like to arrange some hands on brewing. I have extra equipment available, a limited amount of space in my basement, and a dream of building a brewing guild within the Ayreton area, and eventually the Kingdom. I don't envision anything too structured at first, just an excuse for people with like interests to get together and learn about the hobby from others. If there is enough interest, I will start up a new yahoo or google group.

      I am mostly self taught, and am as willing to learn as I am to teach. Drop me a line so we can get started.

      --
      Ld. Earik MacSkellie
      Squire to Sir Galem Lionel Ostwestly
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2006
        I for one am interested in brewing....ever since I studied microbiology at university.

        I know that there are others in Vanished Wood who are interested. The Shire also have a stack of equipment hidden in the basement of one of our member's home.

        Our problem has been not having the space to brew. Fortunately my wife and I have just bought a home in Montgomery, and we plan to put the extra space to good use. The Shire "stuff" will hopefully be finding a new home.

        I can set up a yahoo group if you so wish, and see how many people wish to join.

        Meurig,
        Wannabe brewer and consumer of alcohol

      • Calybrid Ine Tere
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2006
          I've been "experimenting" with Cordials, which is sort of like brewing, and would appreciate an occasional "guild" meeting to swap samples and recipes, and tips.  If you're thinking about doing it, count me in.

          Callie
          Ravenslake

          On 11/7/06, Paul Beck <nicothoe@...> wrote:

          I for one am interested in brewing....ever since I studied microbiology at university.

          I know that there are others in Vanished Wood who are interested. The Shire also have a stack of equipment hidden in the basement of one of our member's home.

          Our problem has been not having the space to brew. Fortunately my wife and I have just bought a home in Montgomery, and we plan to put the extra space to good use. The Shire "stuff" will hopefully be finding a new home.

          I can set up a yahoo group if you so wish, and see how many people wish to join.

          Meurig,
          Wannabe brewer and consumer of alcohol

        • Rob Hicks
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 7, 2006
            I have my first Apple Mead / Cyser going in the basement.

            On 11/7/06, Paul Beck <nicothoe@yahoo. com> wrote:
            I for one am interested in brewing....ever since I studied microbiology at university.

            I know that there are others in Vanished Wood who are interested. The Shire also have a stack of equipment hidden in the basement of one of our member's home.

            Our problem has been not having the space to brew. Fortunately my wife and I have just bought a home in Montgomery, and we plan to put the extra space to good use. The Shire "stuff" will hopefully be finding a new home.

            I can set up a yahoo group if you so wish, and see how many people wish to join.

            Meurig,
            Wannabe brewer and consumer of alcohol

            Sponsored Link

            $200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity - Click now for info

          • Erick Maxskelly

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 7, 2006
                For those of you who are interested in brewing - or interested in consuming the final product - I have created the yahoo group Ayreton_Brewing

                Please come and join the group.

                Meurig

              • Elizabeth Hernandez
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 8, 2006
                  I also have a couple of cordials going and would like yo get back into mead making, so I guess that's a me too! :-)

                  Sibeal
                  Rokkehealden

                  Calybrid Ine Tere <Calybrid@gmail. com> wrote:
[...]

                  Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Associate - Click now to apply