Fwd: Baronial Coronet RFP

  • suzanearley@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2009

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: "Jan Wyman" <missbre@...>
      To: suzanearley@...
      Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 11:26:57 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
      Subject: Re: Baronial Coronet RFP

      Hi Susan,

      My standard coronets start at $125. for a plain wire style coronet.  I also have a new Renaissance style (also wire style) which is a bit more ornate which starts at $150.  These styles could probably be suitably added on to, for a set of field coronets.  They're very light weight, but strong.

      Most of my standard coronets are around $250 to $350. depending on details, materials, etc. such as the solid bottom, wire top style, and the Ivy style coronets fall in this category.
      This type is what most folks go for, frankly.  the sold bottom/wire top style is popular, since any padding is easily hidden.

      Custom coronets take more time, usually more materials, such as the ones I did for the Barony of Carillion, with a large flat solid base, with piercing and gold plated (easy care, no polishing ever) start at $500. each.
      A custom coronet such as the Apples/flowers coronet, which is in sterling silver, starts at $1,500. because of the materials, and the labor involved with the design.  it took me 40 hours to do the piercing and etching on that one.
      I'd say that most of these custom coronets fall in the $500 to $800 range.

      The darkwater coronets, those are an ivy style coronet, with custom additions of the barony's symbols, with gold plating were $400. each.  Gold has doubled in price since I made those, so it'd probably be more like $450. today.

      the gold plating I use is 18K gold, always over a bronze base wires.  It's at least 10mils thick, and will not rub off.  The first coronet I did with gold plating is now over 10 years old, and still looks as good as the day it was made.  Gold plating is also an option you can add on at a later time.

      Kind regards,
      Bre