Re: [Ayreton] Carnivale 2010 - Event Bids Due this Sunday November 8, 2009

  • Judith Epstein
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 6, 2009
      On 5 Nov 2009, at 7:14 PM, Kyla wrote:

      > The other part of your question has been answered.
      > Here is an answer to the first part: Ayreton Carnivale is an event
      > that has been held around Easter in the Glenbrook North HS, for the
      > past couple of years. It was originally started to show that the
      > various shires of the greater Chicagoland could and would play nice
      > together.

      Thank you very much, Ms. Pennywarden! :)

      Judith / no SCA name yet
      Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
    • AndreAllen@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009

        I always thought (feared?) that the medieval equivalent of banjos might be shawms, or the hurdy-gurdy -- they both have that same beloved nerve-jangling aspect!

        Sone (pretty much lifellong fan of banjos, as well as of other nerve-jangling musicks.)

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
          Do you know what "Perfect Pitch" Is?

          Its when you throw a banjo into a dumpster & don't hit the sides.

          -Kevin A.

          I always thought (feared?) that the medieval equivalent of banjos might be shawms, or the hurdy-gurdy -- they both have that same beloved nerve-jangling aspect!

          Sone (pretty much lifellong fan of banjos, as well as of other nerve-jangling musicks.)

          Yeah, if'n no one in the "barony" wants it us folks out here in the boonies will have to snap it up (can you hear the banjos now?)

          AElfred

          I still have not gotten any emails expressing interest for running the event.

          Henry was good to pass on some information on a possible site:
          http://www.stonehousepark.net/.

          And if you are thinking about wanting a camping event the calendar looks good
          for the first weekend of June.

          Also - if you are interested and not sure how to go about running an event -
          please talk to me. I'll be happy to mentor anyone who wants to run an event
          (this event or any other for that matter) and I have some good resources that
          can help answer your questions if you have not run an event before.

          See everyone this weekend for All Souls on Saturday and the the potluck and
          Business Meeting Sunday.

          ~philip

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, "young_happy" <philipwhite@ ...> wrote:

          > Greetings All!
          >
          > Please submit any event bids for Ayreton Carnivale 2010 by this weekend,
          Sunday November 8, 2009.

          > We have not set a date or location for Carnivale next year so please include
          where and when you would like to run the event. Please also include as many
          details as possible to help us better consider your proposal.

          > If you are unable to attend the meeting please email me your bid to me by
          Sunday morning so that it can be included at the Baronial Business Meeting for
          discussion.

          > Your Servant to Command,
          > ~Philip White, Ayreton Seneschal

          Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@ yahoogroups. com>.
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ join
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          Ayreton-digest@ yahoogroups. com
          Ayreton-fullfeature d@yahoogroups. com

          http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

        • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
            Harumph.  Shawms and hurdy-gurdy... have you been paying attention to my workshop attendance schedule?

            http://robyyan.googlepages.com