RE: [Ayreton] Carnivale 2010 - Event Bids Due this Sunda y November 8, 2009

  • Thomas Hughes
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009

      Judith,

      Memorial Day Weekend is reserved for our Crown Tournament.  The kingdom does not schedule events to compete with either Crown Tournament or Coronation.

      Sean

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009
        The other part of your question has been answered.
        Here is an answer to the first part:  Ayreton Carnivale is an event that has been held around Easter in the Glenbrook North HS, for the past couple of years.
        It was originally started to show that the various shires of the greater Chicagoland could and would play nice together.

        Here is a link to this past year's website:  http://ayreton.home.att.net/carnivale.html

        I think this coming Carnivale will be the fourth, but my memory is not great for dates.

        I hope that helps,
        Tabitha Pennywarden
        Ravenslake

        Memorial Day Weekend is reserved for our Crown Tournament.  The kingdom does not schedule events to compete with either Crown Tournament or Coronation.

        Sean

        I don't mean to sound weird or anything, but since I'm really quite
        new to the SCA, I hope you'll forgive this blistering-newbie-ish
        question: What is Carnivale, and is there a remote chance that it
        might ever take place on Memorial Day weekend so that it could be a
        Friday-Monday affair instead of Friday-Sunday? I want an event I can
        SHOP at, and I can't shop on Saturdays!

        Judith / no SCA name yet
        Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg

      • Judith Epstein
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 6, 2009
          On 5 Nov 2009, at 7:14 PM, Kyla wrote:

          > The other part of your question has been answered.
          > Here is an answer to the first part: Ayreton Carnivale is an event
          > that has been held around Easter in the Glenbrook North HS, for the
          > past couple of years. It was originally started to show that the
          > various shires of the greater Chicagoland could and would play nice
          > together.

          Thank you very much, Ms. Pennywarden! :)

        • AndreAllen@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009

            I always thought (feared?) that the medieval equivalent of banjos might be shawms, or the hurdy-gurdy -- they both have that same beloved nerve-jangling aspect!

            Sone (pretty much lifellong fan of banjos, as well as of other nerve-jangling musicks.)

            Yeah, if'n no one in the "barony" wants it us folks out here in the boonies will have to snap it up (can you hear the banjos now?)

            AElfred

            I still have not gotten any emails expressing interest for running the event.

            Henry was good to pass on some information on a possible site:
            http://www.stonehousepark.net/.

            And if you are thinking about wanting a camping event the calendar looks good
            for the first weekend of June.

            Also - if you are interested and not sure how to go about running an event -
            please talk to me. I'll be happy to mentor anyone who wants to run an event
            (this event or any other for that matter) and I have some good resources that
            can help answer your questions if you have not run an event before.

            See everyone this weekend for All Souls on Saturday and the the potluck and
            Business Meeting Sunday.

            ~philip

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "young_happy" <philipwhite@...> wrote:

            > Greetings All!
            >
            > Please submit any event bids for Ayreton Carnivale 2010 by this weekend,
            Sunday November 8, 2009.

            > We have not set a date or location for Carnivale next year so please include
            where and when you would like to run the event. Please also include as many
            details as possible to help us better consider your proposal.

            > If you are unable to attend the meeting please email me your bid to me by
            Sunday morning so that it can be included at the Baronial Business Meeting for
            discussion.

            > Your Servant to Command,
            > ~Philip White, Ayreton Seneschal

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
            Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • kevin purtrell
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
              Do you know what "Perfect Pitch" Is?

              Its when you throw a banjo into a dumpster & don't hit the sides.

              -Kevin A.

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ join
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              Ayreton-digest@ yahoogroups. com
              Ayreton-fullfeature d@yahoogroups. com

              http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

            • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
                Harumph.  Shawms and hurdy-gurdy... have you been paying attention to my workshop attendance schedule?

                http://robyyan.googlepages.com