RE: [Ayret on] Carniv ale 2010 – Event Bid s Due this Sunday No vember 8, 2009

  • Wolfram von Waldersbach
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009
      The Spring Crown Tournament takes place on Memorial Day Weekend. As a result, no other events take place on that weekend.

      In Service,

      "Voca me cum benedictis"
      2008 Midlands Regional Archery Champion

      To: ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      From: judith@...
      Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:59:26 -0600
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Carnivale 2010 – Event Bids Due this Sunday November 8, 2009

      I don't mean to sound weird or anything, but since I'm really quite
      new to the SCA, I hope you'll forgive this blistering-newbie- ish
      question: What is Carnivale, and is there a remote chance that it
      might ever take place on Memorial Day weekend so that it could be a
      Friday-Monday affair instead of Friday-Sunday? I want an event I can
      SHOP at, and I can't shop on Saturdays!

      Judith / no SCA name yet
      Master Albrecht Waldfurster' s Egg

      Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live. Learn more.
    • Thomas Hughes
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009

        Judith,

        Memorial Day Weekend is reserved for our Crown Tournament.  The kingdom does not schedule events to compete with either Crown Tournament or Coronation.

        Sean

        I don't mean to sound weird or anything, but since I'm really quite
        new to the SCA, I hope you'll forgive this blistering-newbie-ish
        question: What is Carnivale, and is there a remote chance that it
        might ever take place on Memorial Day weekend so that it could be a
        Friday-Monday affair instead of Friday-Sunday? I want an event I can
        SHOP at, and I can't shop on Saturdays!

        Judith / no SCA name yet
        Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg

      • Kyla
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009
          The other part of your question has been answered.
          Here is an answer to the first part:  Ayreton Carnivale is an event that has been held around Easter in the Glenbrook North HS, for the past couple of years.
          It was originally started to show that the various shires of the greater Chicagoland could and would play nice together.

          Here is a link to this past year's website:  http://ayreton.home.att.net/carnivale.html

          I think this coming Carnivale will be the fourth, but my memory is not great for dates.

          I hope that helps,
          Tabitha Pennywarden
          Ravenslake

          Memorial Day Weekend is reserved for our Crown Tournament.  The kingdom does not schedule events to compete with either Crown Tournament or Coronation.

          Sean

          I don't mean to sound weird or anything, but since I'm really quite
          new to the SCA, I hope you'll forgive this blistering-newbie-ish
          question: What is Carnivale, and is there a remote chance that it
          might ever take place on Memorial Day weekend so that it could be a
          Friday-Monday affair instead of Friday-Sunday? I want an event I can
          SHOP at, and I can't shop on Saturdays!

          Judith / no SCA name yet
          Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg

        • Judith Epstein
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 6, 2009
            On 5 Nov 2009, at 7:14 PM, Kyla wrote:

            > The other part of your question has been answered.
            > Here is an answer to the first part: Ayreton Carnivale is an event
            > that has been held around Easter in the Glenbrook North HS, for the
            > past couple of years. It was originally started to show that the
            > various shires of the greater Chicagoland could and would play nice
            > together.

            Thank you very much, Ms. Pennywarden! :)

          • AndreAllen@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009

              I always thought (feared?) that the medieval equivalent of banjos might be shawms, or the hurdy-gurdy -- they both have that same beloved nerve-jangling aspect!

              Sone (pretty much lifellong fan of banjos, as well as of other nerve-jangling musicks.)

              Yeah, if'n no one in the "barony" wants it us folks out here in the boonies will have to snap it up (can you hear the banjos now?)

              AElfred

              I still have not gotten any emails expressing interest for running the event.

              Henry was good to pass on some information on a possible site:
              http://www.stonehousepark.net/.

              And if you are thinking about wanting a camping event the calendar looks good
              for the first weekend of June.

              Also - if you are interested and not sure how to go about running an event -
              please talk to me. I'll be happy to mentor anyone who wants to run an event
              (this event or any other for that matter) and I have some good resources that
              can help answer your questions if you have not run an event before.

              See everyone this weekend for All Souls on Saturday and the the potluck and
              Business Meeting Sunday.

              ~philip

              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "young_happy" <philipwhite@...> wrote:

              > Greetings All!
              >
              > Please submit any event bids for Ayreton Carnivale 2010 by this weekend,
              Sunday November 8, 2009.

              > We have not set a date or location for Carnivale next year so please include
              where and when you would like to run the event. Please also include as many
              details as possible to help us better consider your proposal.

              > If you are unable to attend the meeting please email me your bid to me by
              Sunday morning so that it can be included at the Baronial Business Meeting for
              discussion.

              > Your Servant to Command,
              > ~Philip White, Ayreton Seneschal

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com
              Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • kevin purtrell
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
                Do you know what "Perfect Pitch" Is?

                Its when you throw a banjo into a dumpster & don't hit the sides.

                -Kevin A.

                I always thought (feared?) that the medieval equivalent of banjos might be shawms, or the hurdy-gurdy -- they both have that same beloved nerve-jangling aspect!

                Sone (pretty much lifellong fan of banjos, as well as of other nerve-jangling musicks.)

                Yeah, if'n no one in the "barony" wants it us folks out here in the boonies will have to snap it up (can you hear the banjos now?)

                AElfred

                I still have not gotten any emails expressing interest for running the event.

                Henry was good to pass on some information on a possible site:
                http://www.stonehousepark.net/.

                And if you are thinking about wanting a camping event the calendar looks good
                for the first weekend of June.

                Also - if you are interested and not sure how to go about running an event -
                please talk to me. I'll be happy to mentor anyone who wants to run an event
                (this event or any other for that matter) and I have some good resources that
                can help answer your questions if you have not run an event before.

                See everyone this weekend for All Souls on Saturday and the the potluck and
                Business Meeting Sunday.

                ~philip

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, "young_happy" <philipwhite@ ...> wrote:

                > Greetings All!
                >
                > Please submit any event bids for Ayreton Carnivale 2010 by this weekend,
                Sunday November 8, 2009.

                > We have not set a date or location for Carnivale next year so please include
                where and when you would like to run the event. Please also include as many
                details as possible to help us better consider your proposal.

                > If you are unable to attend the meeting please email me your bid to me by
                Sunday morning so that it can be included at the Baronial Business Meeting for
                discussion.

                > Your Servant to Command,
                > ~Philip White, Ayreton Seneschal

                Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@ yahoogroups. com>.
                Yahoo! Groups Links

                http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/

                <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ join
                (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                Ayreton-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                Ayreton-fullfeature d@yahoogroups. com

                http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

              • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
                  Harumph.  Shawms and hurdy-gurdy... have you been paying attention to my workshop attendance schedule?

                  http://robyyan.googlepages.com