Ayreton Carnivale 2010 – Event Bids Due this Sunday November 8, 2009

  • young_happy
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2009
      Greetings All!

      Please submit any event bids for Ayreton Carnivale 2010 by this weekend, Sunday November 8, 2009.

      We have not set a date or location for Carnivale next year so please include where and when you would like to run the event. Please also include as many details as possible to help us better consider your proposal.

      If you are unable to attend the meeting please email me your bid to me by Sunday morning so that it can be included at the Baronial Business Meeting for discussion.

      Your Servant to Command,
      ~Philip White, Ayreton Seneschal
    • young_happy
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009
        Howdy All -

        I still have not gotten any emails expressing interest for running the event.

        Henry was good to pass on some information on a possible site: http://www.stonehousepark.net/.

        And if you are thinking about wanting a camping event the calendar looks good for the first weekend of June.

        Also - if you are interested and not sure how to go about running an event - please talk to me. I'll be happy to mentor anyone who wants to run an event (this event or any other for that matter) and I have some good resources that can help answer your questions if you have not run an event before.

        See everyone this weekend for All Souls on Saturday and the the potluck and Business Meeting Sunday.

        ~philip

      • AndreAllen@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009
          Yeah, if'n no one in the "barony" wants it us folks out here in the boonies will have to snap it up (can you hear the banjos now?)

          AElfred

          I still have not gotten any emails expressing interest for running the event.

          Henry was good to pass on some information on a possible site:
          http://www.stonehousepark.net/.

          And if you are thinking about wanting a camping event the calendar looks good
          for the first weekend of June.

          Also - if you are interested and not sure how to go about running an event -
          please talk to me. I'll be happy to mentor anyone who wants to run an event
          (this event or any other for that matter) and I have some good resources that
          can help answer your questions if you have not run an event before.

          See everyone this weekend for All Souls on Saturday and the the potluck and
          Business Meeting Sunday.

          ~philip

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "young_happy" <philipwhite@...> wrote: > > Greetings All! > > Please submit any event bids for Ayreton Carnivale 2010 by this weekend, Sunday November 8, 2009. > > We have not set a date or location for Carnivale next year so please include where and when you would like to run the event. Please also include as many details as possible to help us better consider your proposal. > > If you are unable to attend the meeting please email me your bid to me by Sunday morning so that it can be included at the Baronial Business Meeting for discussion. > > Your Servant to Command, > ~Philip White, Ayreton Seneschal > ------------------------------------ ~~~~~ To view and add events to the calendar: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/cal/ To discontinue receiving discussion, but still receive announcements, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join and change your subscription to "Special Notices". Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@yahoogroups.com>. Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: Ayreton-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Judith Epstein
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009
            I don't mean to sound weird or anything, but since I'm really quite
            new to the SCA, I hope you'll forgive this blistering-newbie-ish
            question: What is Carnivale, and is there a remote chance that it
            might ever take place on Memorial Day weekend so that it could be a
            Friday-Monday affair instead of Friday-Sunday? I want an event I can
            SHOP at, and I can't shop on Saturdays!

            Judith / no SCA name yet
            Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg

          • Wolfram von Waldersbach
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009
              The Spring Crown Tournament takes place on Memorial Day Weekend. As a result, no other events take place on that weekend.

              In Service,

              "Voca me cum benedictis"
              2008 Midlands Regional Archery Champion

              To: ayreton@yahoogroups.com
              From: judith@...
              Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:59:26 -0600

              I don't mean to sound weird or anything, but since I'm really quite
              new to the SCA, I hope you'll forgive this blistering-newbie- ish
              question: What is Carnivale, and is there a remote chance that it
              might ever take place on Memorial Day weekend so that it could be a
              Friday-Monday affair instead of Friday-Sunday? I want an event I can
              SHOP at, and I can't shop on Saturdays!

              Judith / no SCA name yet
              Master Albrecht Waldfurster' s Egg

              Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live. Learn more.
            • Thomas Hughes
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009

                Judith,

                Memorial Day Weekend is reserved for our Crown Tournament.  The kingdom does not schedule events to compete with either Crown Tournament or Coronation.

                Sean

                I don't mean to sound weird or anything, but since I'm really quite
                new to the SCA, I hope you'll forgive this blistering-newbie-ish
                question: What is Carnivale, and is there a remote chance that it
                might ever take place on Memorial Day weekend so that it could be a
                Friday-Monday affair instead of Friday-Sunday? I want an event I can
                SHOP at, and I can't shop on Saturdays!

                Judith / no SCA name yet
                Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg

              • Kyla
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 5, 2009
                  The other part of your question has been answered.
                  Here is an answer to the first part:  Ayreton Carnivale is an event that has been held around Easter in the Glenbrook North HS, for the past couple of years.
                  It was originally started to show that the various shires of the greater Chicagoland could and would play nice together.

                  Here is a link to this past year's website:  http://ayreton.home.att.net/carnivale.html

                  I think this coming Carnivale will be the fourth, but my memory is not great for dates.

                  I hope that helps,
                  Tabitha Pennywarden
                  Ravenslake

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 6, 2009
                    On 5 Nov 2009, at 7:14 PM, Kyla wrote:

                    > The other part of your question has been answered.
                    > Here is an answer to the first part: Ayreton Carnivale is an event
                    > that has been held around Easter in the Glenbrook North HS, for the
                    > past couple of years. It was originally started to show that the
                    > various shires of the greater Chicagoland could and would play nice
                    > together.

                    Thank you very much, Ms. Pennywarden! :)

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009

                      I always thought (feared?) that the medieval equivalent of banjos might be shawms, or the hurdy-gurdy -- they both have that same beloved nerve-jangling aspect!

                      Sone (pretty much lifellong fan of banjos, as well as of other nerve-jangling musicks.)

                      Yeah, if'n no one in the "barony" wants it us folks out here in the boonies will have to snap it up (can you hear the banjos now?)

                      AElfred

                      I still have not gotten any emails expressing interest for running the event.

                      Henry was good to pass on some information on a possible site:
                      http://www.stonehousepark.net/.

                      And if you are thinking about wanting a camping event the calendar looks good
                      for the first weekend of June.

                      Also - if you are interested and not sure how to go about running an event -
                      please talk to me. I'll be happy to mentor anyone who wants to run an event
                      (this event or any other for that matter) and I have some good resources that
                      can help answer your questions if you have not run an event before.

                      See everyone this weekend for All Souls on Saturday and the the potluck and
                      Business Meeting Sunday.

                      ~philip

                      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "young_happy" <philipwhite@...> wrote:

                      > Greetings All!
                      >
                      > Please submit any event bids for Ayreton Carnivale 2010 by this weekend,
                      Sunday November 8, 2009.

                      > We have not set a date or location for Carnivale next year so please include
                      where and when you would like to run the event. Please also include as many
                      details as possible to help us better consider your proposal.

                      > If you are unable to attend the meeting please email me your bid to me by
                      Sunday morning so that it can be included at the Baronial Business Meeting for
                      discussion.

                      > Your Servant to Command,
                      > ~Philip White, Ayreton Seneschal

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                      Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • kevin purtrell
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
                        Do you know what "Perfect Pitch" Is?

                        Its when you throw a banjo into a dumpster & don't hit the sides.

                        -Kevin A.

                        I always thought (feared?) that the medieval equivalent of banjos might be shawms, or the hurdy-gurdy -- they both have that same beloved nerve-jangling aspect!

                        Sone (pretty much lifellong fan of banjos, as well as of other nerve-jangling musicks.)

                        Yeah, if'n no one in the "barony" wants it us folks out here in the boonies will have to snap it up (can you hear the banjos now?)

                        AElfred

                        I still have not gotten any emails expressing interest for running the event.

                        Henry was good to pass on some information on a possible site:
                        http://www.stonehousepark.net/.

                        And if you are thinking about wanting a camping event the calendar looks good
                        for the first weekend of June.

                        Also - if you are interested and not sure how to go about running an event -
                        please talk to me. I'll be happy to mentor anyone who wants to run an event
                        (this event or any other for that matter) and I have some good resources that
                        can help answer your questions if you have not run an event before.

                        See everyone this weekend for All Souls on Saturday and the the potluck and
                        Business Meeting Sunday.

                        ~philip

                        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, "young_happy" <philipwhite@ ...> wrote:

                        > Greetings All!
                        >
                        > Please submit any event bids for Ayreton Carnivale 2010 by this weekend,
                        Sunday November 8, 2009.

                        > We have not set a date or location for Carnivale next year so please include
                        where and when you would like to run the event. Please also include as many
                        details as possible to help us better consider your proposal.

                        > If you are unable to attend the meeting please email me your bid to me by
                        Sunday morning so that it can be included at the Baronial Business Meeting for
                        discussion.

                        > Your Servant to Command,
                        > ~Philip White, Ayreton Seneschal

                        Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@ yahoogroups. com>.
                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/

                        <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ join
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                        <*> To change settings via email:
                        Ayreton-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                        Ayreton-fullfeature d@yahoogroups. com

                        http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                      • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
                          Harumph.  Shawms and hurdy-gurdy... have you been paying attention to my workshop attendance schedule?

                          http://robyyan.googlepages.com