Fwd: [Mid] New Known World Handbook needs YOU!

  • jeffnaggie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2009
      From the Middlebridge.

      H.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Karen Johnson <karenjohnson@...>
      To: middlebridge <sca-middle@...>
      Sent: Fri, Oct 30, 2009 12:49 pm
      Subject: [Mid] New Known World Handbook needs YOU!

      Sent to me via the KW project group. If you can help in any of these areas, please contact Baron Kainin (Wes Hanna) at the email below.
      In service,
      Katarina Peregrine
      Midrealm Chronicler

      The Known World Handbook project is nearing the end of the article gathering process
      and we need your help. We are in desperate need of authors knowledgeable in the
      following core areas to write an article for the Known World Handbook. If you know
      of anyone I could contact (name, email and/or phone) that is well versed in these
      areas and a good author I would really appreciate the lead or feel free to forward
      on this email:

      Basic Starter Garb – Male
      Basic Starter Garb – Female
      SCA Youth Combat Overview
      SCA Target Archery 101
      SCA Combat Archery 101
      Preparing to Fight in the SCA
      Creating a Starter Rattan/Hard-Suit Fighting/Amour Kit
      Creating a Starter Rapier Fighting/Amour Kit
      Your First Tournament
      Fighting Etiquette
      Chivalry & the Concepts of Honor
      Basic Rattan/Hard-Suit Fighting Styles
      Basic Rapier Fighting Styles
      Basic Rattan/Hard-Suit Drills
      Basic Rapier Drills
      Brief Kingdom Histories*
      Specific Kingdom Customs*
      Still Accepting Various A&S How-To Articles

      The KWH is targeted to new comers to the SCA with less than 2 years experience, will
      be universal with concepts that span all Kingdoms, will contain topics and
      information that will last at least 10 years and needs to support existing SCA
      documents and handbooks, not try to replace them.

      The deadline for the final call for articles is December 1, 2009. Please try to keep
      the articles between 800 and 3000 words (one to four 8.5x11 pages). Please submit
      them via Microsoft Word files, or in the body of an email to: kwh@... . If you
      send in any articles, artwork, or photographs, please fill out the KWH release form
      available here:  sca.org/docs/pdf/kwhrelease.pdf  and email it back to us at
      kwh@....

      Wes Hanna (Baron Kainin)

      KWH Deputy to the President, SCA, Inc.

      kwh@...

      *Notes regarding Brief Kingdom Histories and Specific Kingdom Customs.  Seeking 1-2
      paragraphs each in length describing what makes your Kingdom unique, what traditions
      make up the heart and soul of who your Kingdom is and what transpired to bring your
      Kingdom into existence. These should be exciting and enticing stories recounting the
      glory of your Kingdom and not just a laundry list of facts. These will likely be
      compiled from many different authors.