Fwd: Results of Courtiers Tourney 16
SORCHA MACGILLAVREY WINS TOURNAMENT OF THE COURTIER XVI
A report by John Inchingham
The sixteenth Tournament of the Courtier was held this past Saturday (October 24, 2009) at the Grand Pageant event in the Barony of Sternfeld. Lady Sorcha MacGillavrey won the competition. His Excellency, Maximilian von Fallingbostel, Baron of Shattered Crystal, placed second and is, therefore, the new bearer of the painfully-orange Runner-up Traveling Cloak until the next Courtiers Tournament is contested. Congratulations to both of these worthy gentles and to all those who participated.
The fencing competition (judged by Master Johann von Metton, Warder Damien Nihthauk and Lady Cara Cypriani) was won by Lord Kelvin of Rivenstar. Lord Kelvin was awarded a buckler (constructed and illuminated Warder Damien) for his victory. Lord Gregory Bryant received a dagger for his second place finish, as well as a special PENACHE for his inimitable style.
Baron Maximilian won the best fencing garb contest (as judged by Mistress Isabel Moundoghter) and received a carved wooden box as his prize. He also won the Give-away Chess competition; Lord Akira placed second.
The bardic prize (a gold circlet with pearls) was claimed by Lady Catalin Zoldzem. Lady Valencia de Clariana received a silver circlet with pearls for her second place finish. The performances were judged by Master John ap Wynne.
Master Philippe de Lyon judged the extemporaneous speaking skills of the competitors. First prize for this portion of the contest (a puzzle mug) was awarded to Lady Sorcha.
My thanks, as always, to His Excellency, Baron (Master) Torquil MacGillavry, who organizes and runs this tournament every year (I am merely an advisor—he does most of the actual work); to Lord Bjorn Arnoldsson, the Rapier Marshal-in-Charge; to Lady Valeria Contidina, the List Mistress; to those who made or donated prizes; and to those who served as judges.
The list of Courtiers now reads as follows:
1) Ian Jameson;
2) Brighid the Ageless;
3) Rutger van Groenigan;
4) Rutger van Groenigan;
5) Torquil MacGillavrey;
6) Torquil MacGillavrey;
7) Moonwulf Staarkaadersson (Orange Cloak: Damien Nihthauk);
8) Uahdahlrich Sassmanshausen (Orange Cloak: Damien Nihthauk);
9) Brighid MacCumhal (Orange Cloak: Damien Nihthauk);
10) Damien Nihthauk (Orange Cloak: Gregory Bryant);
11) Uahdahlrich Sassmanshausen (Orange Cloak: Damien Nihthauk);
12) Gregory Bryant (Orange Cloak: Aleator);
13) Christian Furnier (Orange Cloak: Damien Nihthauk);
14) Brighid MacCumhal (Orange Cloak: Damien Nihthauk);
15) Damien Nihthauk (Orange Cloak: Catalin Zoldzem);
16) Sorcha MacGillavrey (Orange Cloak: Maximilian von Fallingbostel).
Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, now it's more reliable. Wow! =