Re: youth fighter practice again?

  • ehepler
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 22, 2009
      As was mentioned, Thieves of Hearts practices are at Glenbrook North High School on Tuesday evenings. If there are other kids who want to begin practicing youth rapier, almost everyone at that practice is youth certified. My kids would be more likely to attend that practice if there were more kids there. If it's just them - they can fight at home. Also, Gerard is also working on finishing off his MIT and getting his background check so he can be a youth rapier marshal.

      Monday and Wednesday would probably be the best for us, though "best" is a relative term. Weeknights are just plain difficult because of the travel involved and also Elizabeth's homework load. We could probably make a Friday or two a month, depending on whether it coincided with an out of town event.

      Where is the site that you are considering? The hike to Wheaton (and sometimes out to Naperville) was so long for us, that we just ended up dropping it.

      BTW - we have purchased four beepy swords. Two are primarily for our kids, and the other two are for others to be able to spar with them. The difficulty would be that other kids would also need punch tested armor, 3 weapon masks, gorgets and gloves. Our kids have that stuff, and would be willing to trade off to let other kids try it. But it would only fit kids the same size as them or smaller.

      Philippa

    • KCMalone3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 22, 2009
        Philippa,
        The Thieves practice is also a hike for us, so I do understand.  Wish we could find something 1/2 way between.   And I am not even sure where that would be.  I will see what I can do for that as well.

        Any Friday that I would set up practices for would be, to the best of my ability, not when we have major events.

        Anna