*Renaissance Dance Practice, Tues Nov 7*

  • Teleri
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2006
      Everbody please come join us for Renaissance Dance Practices. Everyone is welcome to come and learn a variety of styles of dance from many countries and times through the European Renaissance.

      **Fall Location and Schedule**

      Practice is at the University of Chicago for the rest of 2006; see below for details on the location. As in our previous message, if you are interested in coming to practice any time, please send us your mundane name, so that the University Security folks at the dorm know to expect you. We are planning to have practice on Tuesdays on a regular basis.

      Schedule: 7 to 9 pm
      November 7 (we are still working out the schedule for the end of the semester)

      Location: University of Chicago Campus, Burton-Judson dormitory, 1005 E. 60th Street.
      http://maps.uchicago.edu/south/

      We are in the Lounge, which is on the far side of the building. Go across the 1st courtyard into the second, and diagonally across the second and up the stairs (about where the "L" in "Law" is on the map).

      If you have problems finding or getting in the dorm, call Caillech (Caitlin) on her cell (510) 520-0969, and she'll help you out.

      *** UNIVERSITY SECURITY POLICIES ****
      Since the current location is a dorm, remember that we need to respect the University policies. So far, we haven't had any trouble working with them. If you would like to come to dance, please do the following:
      ** Send your mundane name to ctulloch AT uchicago DOT edu (Caitlin) to be on the member list.
      ** Bring a picture ID with you.
      Check in with the people at the front desk, and tell them you are with the dance group. We are keeping the list of names for the whole semester, so you can come to any practice. Send us your name even if you just think you might come (you are not obligated to come, but it's FUN!!). One of our student hosts should be at the front desk to direct you to the proper room, or call Caitlin.

      **Other details**

      You do not need to bring a partner to dance...
      Everyone from the Chicago region (and beyond) is invited...
      You may dress in street clothes or in garb...
      Beginners and Experts, as well as anyone in between, are needed and welcomed...

      **Dance Events**

      Midrealm events are on the calendar at http://www.midrealm.org/midrealm_calendar.phtml

      Nov 18, Crystal Ball, Dupo, IL http://www.shatteredcrystal.org/Crystal%20Ball%2023.htm

      For questions or last minute updates:

      Teleri (Sharon): 847 - 797 - 5717 (home)
      alta_gioiosa AT yahoo DOT com

      Dunstan (Robert): 773 - 725 - 2798
      darclan28 AT yahoo DOT com

      Yours in Service,
      Teleri
    • Kevinp9523@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2006
        If perchance  your space is unavailable during the University's winter break, the dancers are welcome to share the fencer's space at the church.

        Kevin Ambrozijwski, TGS rapier marshal

        Inigo Montoya:You are using Bonetti's Defense against me, ah?
        Man in Black: I thought it fitting considering the rocky terrain.
        Inigo Montoya: Naturally, you must suspect me to attack with Capa Ferro?
        Man in Black: Naturally... but I find that Thibault cancels out Capa Ferro. Don't you?
        Inigo Montoya: Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa... which I have.

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: