Moving to the area soon

  • Kristy Ockunzzi
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2006
      Hello all,

      This January, I will be moving to Oak Park, and I was hoping to maybe
      get to know some of you a little (by e-mail) beforehand. It's been a
      while since I've done anything in the SCA, but I'm very interested in
      improving my sewing/garb-making skills and I know for sure that I'll
      be attending calligraphy nights with Henry of Exeter. I also have a
      7-month-old daughter (9 months in January, of course) so it'd be nice
      to meet some of the other parents in the area.

      If anyone is interested in introducing themselves, I can be reached at
      wirestars @ yahoo . com

      I look forward to meeting you all in January! :)

      Thanks,

      ~ Henry's Ysabelle
    • Erick Maxskelly
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
        Welcome to the area. I hope you will be settled in enough to attend Twelfth Night.

        --
        Ld. Earik MacSkellie
        Squire to Sir Galem Lionel Ostwestly
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
          12th night will be a good place to meet.

          I'm Lord Dunstan Bramblette and my Lady is Bonnie

          We have quite a few Sewers and fiber people in the area.

          Mistress Juliana
          My Bonnie
          Mistress Helene
          Lady Finnoula
          Lady Arienne

          just off the top of my head.  I'll leave the parents to introduce themselves.

          Welcome to Aryeton and to the Tree Girt Sea.

          -Dunstan

          Kristy Ockunzzi <wirestars@...> wrote:
          Hello all,

          This January, I will be moving to Oak Park, and I was hoping to maybe
          get to know some of you a little (by e-mail) beforehand. It's been a
          while since I've done anything in the SCA, but I'm very interested in
          improving my sewing/garb- making skills and I know for sure that I'll
          be attending calligraphy nights with Henry of Exeter. I also have a
          7-month-old daughter (9 months in January, of course) so it'd be nice
          to meet some of the other parents in the area.

          If anyone is interested in introducing themselves, I can be reached at
          wirestars @ yahoo . com

          I look forward to meeting you all in January! :)

          Thanks,

          ~ Henry's Ysabelle

        • Wendy Pastrick
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
            Welcome, Ysabelle!

            We do hope to see you at our 12th Night event on
            January 13th, and/or at the "Regional Fighter
            Practice" the following day at Ida Noyes...(hey, does
            anyone know if that's a confirmed site?). There are
            always lots of non-fighters and non-fighting
            activities going on at the Practice - it's a lot of
            fun!
            http://www.treegirtsea.com/

            On a more personal note, my husband and I live just
            north of Oak Park and we're expecting our first baby
            in March. We would be happy to meet you and help you
            get back into the swing of the SCA :)

            In service,
            Jale

            --- Kristy Ockunzzi <wirestars@...> wrote:

            > Hello all,
            >
            > This January, I will be moving to Oak Park

            Lady Jale bint Amar
            Chatelaine, Tree-Girt-Sea
            Blue Lotus Tribe
            www.bluelotustribe.org
            mka Wendy Pastrick
          • Kristy Ockunzzi
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
              Hello Jale (and others),

              If all goes as planned, Henry of Exeter and I will be at 12th Night
              for sure. At the very least, it is certainly on our "to do" list! I am
              fairly sure I'll need to borrow some garb, though, as I really don't
              think I'll be able to finish my own dress in time. I've read through
              some of the other posts and it sounds like that isn't too much of a
              problem.. I will keep my fingers crossed, though. :)

              As for your baby, congratulations! I hope all goes well, and I look
              forward to meeting the two (three?) of you. :)

              Best wishes,

              Henry's Ysabelle