Re: [Ayreton] Re: Ayreton Badge Contest

  • Andrew Otto
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 3, 2006

      Sorry, I messed up did not include the reasons for the badges. You are right about the hand under the table and the pizza.

      The first one celebrates the REAL official animal of the area: the Construction Horse (gold (yellow) horse across a black stripe extending into the distance). Yeah, I know, perspective is right out in heraldry.

      Oh, a question to all of the fine heralds out there. How is wind depicted in heraldry?

      -*Angus*-

      suzanearley@... wrote:
      I don't get the first one, but the 'under the table' and the 'pizza on a restaurant table' I dig. :D

      Ghita
      From: "exit104" <exit104@yahoo. com>

      > OK, here are some tongue firmly in cheek suggestions.
      >
      > Please remeber that I do not have leet Hearldry Skillz. Anything
      > that I could not say in blazon-eese is in parens. Real Hearlds
      > should feel free to laugh, taunt and correct me.
      >
      > So.....
      >
      > Celebrating one of the official animals of the area:
      > Argent, on a pile inverted sable a horse statent or.
      >
      > Celebrating the political ethics of the area:
      > Vert, in pale a table argent a hand fesswise couped or.
      >
      > Celebrating one of our favorite cusines:
      > Chequy guiles and sable a rondel (divided six ways) or (with a) semi
      > of rondels guiles.
      >
      > Angus Fraser
      > -*Angus*-

      gt;

      > ~~~~~
      >
      > To view and add events to the calendar:
      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ cal/
      >
      > To discontinue receiving discussion, but still receive announcements, go to
      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ join and change your subscription to
      > "Special Notices". Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special
      > Notices, send a request to .
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/
      >
      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ join
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > mailto:Ayreton- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
      > mailto:Ayre ton-fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

      > http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

    • Andrew Otto

        From: "exit104" <exit104@yahoo. com>

        > OK, here are some tongue firmly in cheek suggestions.
        >
        > Please remeber that I do not have leet Hearldry Skillz. Anything
        > that I could not say in blazon-eese is in parens. Real Hearlds
        > should feel free to laugh, taunt and correct me.
        >
        > So.....
        >
        > Celebrating one of the official animals of the area:
        > Argent, on a pile inverted sable a horse statent or.
        >
        > Celebrating the political ethics of the area:
        > Vert, in pale a table argent a hand fesswise couped or.
        >
        > Celebrating one of our favorite cusines:
        > Chequy guiles and sable a rondel (divided six ways) or (with a) semi
        > of rondels guiles.
        >
        > Angus Fraser
        > -*Angus*-

        gt;