Re: [Ayreton] Ayreton Activities Announcements

  • Judith Epstein
    Message 1 of 78 , Oct 12, 2009
      Any chance that there are, or will ever be, scribal arts gatherings in
      places that are accessible by public transportation? If not, would it
      be presumptuous to offer to hold them myself, despite having very
      little equipment and even less experience of my own?

      Judith / no SCA name yet
      Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg

      On Oct 12, 2009, at 4:18 PM, Ayreton Chronicler wrote:

      > WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES
      >
      > TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT
      >
      > Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is
      > interested in calligraphy and illumination.
      >

      > Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth (mka Vickie Rayhill)
      > When: Meetings held the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month at
      > 7:30.
      > Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm
      > More info: 847-824-3814
      >
      > THURSDAY ACTIVITIES
      >
      > ROKKHEALDEN SCRIPTORIUM
      >
      > The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The Scriptorium
      > is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal
      > arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in
      > the Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
      > paint. You don't have to draw. You don't even have to do
      > calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to
      > buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of
      > course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
      > supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various
      > aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request
      > (per se) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and
      > yourself.
      >
      > We are confirmed for the following dates at the Oak Brook Library:
      >

      > Thur. Oct 22 (moot)
      >
      > Thur. Nov. 5
      > Thur. Nov 19 (moot) NOTE: not the usual 4th Thursday of the month)
      > Thur. Dec. 3
      > Thur. Dec. 17 (moot) NOTE: not the usual 4th Thursday of the month
      > Thur. Jan. 7
      > Thur. Jan. 28 (moot)
      >
      > For more information, go to: http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/
    • Jonathan L Murphy
      Message 78 of 78 , Jun 9, 2010

        Sorry for any disappointment that may ensue but I have to put Leatherwork Night on Hiatus.  Summer grad class has a brutal pace for a month so I’ll let you know when we can start up again.  Thanks.

        Jon/Seamus