Re: [Ayreton] October Crown -- good for a newbie?

  • Judith Epstein
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
      YAY. I've only seen court once, but I loved it. I hope my friend decides she wants to come.

      Judith / no SCA name yet
      Protege to Master Albrecht Waldfurster OP
      MIddle Kingdom, Midlands, Ayreton, Tree-Girt-Sea (Chicago, IL)
      http://tinyurl.com/ycdca9n

      On Oct 8, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Wendy Pastrick wrote:

      That is correct!

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 14, 2009
        Judith--

        I'm sure if you let the event steward know, they would let you sit at a feast without eating given your dietary restrictions.  If you don't object to having the food near you, many places are also looking for people to help serve a feast, which can also be fun.  Locally, the Shire of Vanished Wood has an event coming up Nov. 7th in Roselle where you would be more than welcome to attend and just "hang around" the feast hall.  Just contact me off list and we can work something out.

        Dayle (Acelina)

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 14, 2009
          On Oct 14, 2009, at 10:43 AM, Dayle Harding wrote:

          > Judith--
          >
          > I'm sure if you let the event steward know, they would let you sit
          > at a feast without eating given your dietary restrictions. If you
          > don't object to having the food near you, many places are also
          > looking for people to help serve a feast, which can also be fun.
          > Locally, the Shire of Vanished Wood has an event coming up Nov. 7th
          > in Roselle where you would be more than welcome to attend and just
          > "hang around" the feast hall. Just contact me off list and we can
          > work something out.
          >
          > Dayle (Acelina)

          Serving's a problem because the event takes place over Sabbath, and
          serving definitely involves 'work' which we're not permitted to do on
          Sabbath. But I may speak to the event steward about non-eating
          attendance, if my friend decides she wants to go. She's hemming and
          hawing about it, and today's our deadline for letting the autocrat
          know whether we're coming.

          Judith / no SCA name yet
          Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
        • Nora London
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 14, 2009
            Judith,

            I do not think there is a feast for Crown there is none listed on the event site. Court will be after the tournamanet and is listed at 6 pm.

            You can serve at our feast for All Souls, (feel free to bring your own food if you keep Kosher). Sundown on Saturday Nov 7 is at 4:38 pm and as set up for feast starts at about 5 pm it will be after the Shabbat ends.

            Let me know Off List if you would like to serve at our feast.

            Regards,

            Nicholaa
            Feast Steward
            All Souls