Re: [Ayreton] Looking for fighters - Elgin Community College Demo (10/15 - 4pm)

  • Seamus MacBain
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2009
      The HUB is the location of the demo (The Hub Lounge) and the rough
      plan is meet in SRC parking (in front of admissions) at 3:30pm and we
      can walk down the main walk way of the school to the HUB. There is
      work already in progress to have an indoor practice at the ECC this
      winter - the demo is part of the effort to recruit some of the student
      base to come out and play with us.

      Lady Colleen is our coordinator for this Demo and she can be reached
      directly at:
      #618-383-4837 or bravgirl34@...

      If there are any other questions I will reply off-list in order to
      keep the focus here on Ayreton matters.

      Thank you all for your time.

      --
      Seamus

      On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 12:14 PM, S. Haas <sutchka@...> wrote:
      >Hi Seamus,
      >
      > We are not fighters (yet) but we have been looking for SCA folks in the Elgin area.  We could probably come to your demo in garb and such at least and talk about the SCA. Would definitely like to make contact with you all!
      >
      > Where at the college will you be?  Any possibility of setting up a fighter practice out there (at ECC) on a regular basis?
      >
      > Please let us know.
      >
      > Lady Morgause Du Foret

    • Judith Epstein
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2009
        I would reply off-list, but I really hope to get responses from more
        than just good Seamus here. Please respond off-list if you're willing
        to give a ride

        Looking at the Google Maps page (http://tinyurl.com/ydtzy99), I can
        get from my nearest cross-street (California and Devon, Chicago, IL)
        to the National St. Metra in roughly 2.5 hours, which is a long trip
        but not outside the realm of possibility. However, after that, it's an
        8-minute drive by car from the Metra station to the ECC. Is there
        anyone intends to drive from the general vicinity of the Metra station
        to the ECC, that might be willing to give a lift in exchange for gas
        money? Better yet, is anyone within Chicago itself intending to drive
        to this demo, who wouldn't mind a tag-along?

        Judith / no SCA name yet