Re: [Ayreton] Looking for fighters - Elgin Community College Demo (10/15 - 4pm)

  • Judith Epstein
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2009
      I'm no fighter, and have no weapons or armor, but I'm very interested
      and would kind of like to attend this, having never attended an SCA
      demo before. Is anyone welcome, or only the college community?

      I also don't have transportation of my own. If anyone in Chicago is
      attending this, could I snag a ride with you? I'm in West Rogers Park,
      but could meet downtown. Gas money and/or snack, I'll gladly bring as
      recompense for your automotive generosity. For this, off-list replies
      are probably best.

      Judith / no SCA name yet
      Protege to Master Albrecht Waldfurster OP

      On Oct 7, 2009, at 10:56 AM, Seamus MacBain wrote:

      > The Elv Av Tiden (Proto-Incipient Canton of Carraig Ban) group out of
      > the Elgin area is looking at having a demo at the Elgin Community
      > College next Thursday (10/15) at 4pm.
      >
      > One thing we are short on is a couple of fighters. [snipped for
      > those getting this as a digest]
      >
      > --
      > Seamus
      > seamus@...
    • S. Haas
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2009
        Hi Seamus,

        We are not fighters (yet) but we have been looking for SCA folks in the Elgin area.  We could probably come to your demo in garb and such at least and talk about the SCA. Would definitely like to make contact with you all!

        Where at the college will you be?  Any possibility of setting up a fighter practice out there (at ECC) on a regular basis?

        Please let us know.

        Lady Morgause Du Foret

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2009
          The HUB is the location of the demo (The Hub Lounge) and the rough
          plan is meet in SRC parking (in front of admissions) at 3:30pm and we
          can walk down the main walk way of the school to the HUB. There is
          work already in progress to have an indoor practice at the ECC this
          winter - the demo is part of the effort to recruit some of the student
          base to come out and play with us.

          Lady Colleen is our coordinator for this Demo and she can be reached
          directly at:
          #618-383-4837 or bravgirl34@...

          If there are any other questions I will reply off-list in order to
          keep the focus here on Ayreton matters.

          Thank you all for your time.

          --
          Seamus

          On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 12:14 PM, S. Haas <sutchka@...> wrote:
          >Hi Seamus,
          >
          > We are not fighters (yet) but we have been looking for SCA folks in the Elgin area.  We could probably come to your demo in garb and such at least and talk about the SCA. Would definitely like to make contact with you all!
          >
          > Where at the college will you be?  Any possibility of setting up a fighter practice out there (at ECC) on a regular basis?
          >
          > Please let us know.
          >
          > Lady Morgause Du Foret

        • Judith Epstein
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2009
            I would reply off-list, but I really hope to get responses from more
            than just good Seamus here. Please respond off-list if you're willing
            to give a ride

            Looking at the Google Maps page (http://tinyurl.com/ydtzy99), I can
            get from my nearest cross-street (California and Devon, Chicago, IL)
            to the National St. Metra in roughly 2.5 hours, which is a long trip
            but not outside the realm of possibility. However, after that, it's an
            8-minute drive by car from the Metra station to the ECC. Is there
            anyone intends to drive from the general vicinity of the Metra station
            to the ECC, that might be willing to give a lift in exchange for gas
            money? Better yet, is anyone within Chicago itself intending to drive
            to this demo, who wouldn't mind a tag-along?

            Judith / no SCA name yet