Re: [Ayreton] Need big pieces of cardboard for changing rooms at 40-Yr!

  • spdesroches@att.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2009
      Greetings

           I have seen some folks around here with indoor-friendly day pavilions. Is it possible that one or more might be available for use?

      Just Curious
      Etienne
      -------------- Original message from Judith Epstein <judith@...>: --------------

      On Sep 26, 2009, at 9:15 PM, Fern wrote:

      > I'm now working on a plan to create a 6-ft divider wall of
      > cardboard. I have 16 ft of large unfolded cardboard boxes, which can
      > be duct-taped together and can stand up. But I need at least 25 ft,
      > and another 10 ft would be good to create doorways.

      Only 6 feet high? Aren't a lot of folks taller than that? I'm thinking
      8 feet tall would be safest for modesty purposes, yeah?

      Judith

    • Fern
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 27, 2009
        Yes, 8 ft would be even better.

        But 6 ft could work. Since the eyes are only half-way up the face, a six-ft person cannot normally see over a 6ft fence, right? And  I think we can assume that the tall gentlemen will not be so discourteous as to try to peek over the curtain.

        in haste,

        Fern

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2009
          Thanks for the idea, Etienne!

          If anyone has any such pavilions, it would be smart of us to check them out today at the site. We need to be sure we have walls that will work.

          I will be at Ida Noyes from 2-5 pm, coinciding with fighting practice.
          Let's see if any pavilions show up!

          in haste,

          Fern

          > here with indoor-friendly day pavilions. Is it possible that
          > one or more might be available for use?
          >
          > Just Curious
          > Etienne
          > -------------- Original message from Judith
          > Epstein <judith@...>: --------------
          >

          > On Sep 26, 2009, at 9:15 PM, Fern wrote:
          >
          > > I'm now working on a plan to create a 6-ft divider
          > wall of
          > > cardboard. I have 16 ft of large unfolded cardboard
          > boxes, which can
          > > be duct-taped together and can stand up. But I need at
          > least 25 ft,
          > > and another 10 ft would be good to create doorways.
          >
          > Only 6 feet high? Aren't a lot of folks taller than
          > that? I'm thinking
          > 8 feet tall would be safest for modesty purposes, yeah?
          >
          > Judith

        • Fern
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2009
            Dear Aryeton,

            Guess what? I am again connected via cell phone. After I lost mine, I thought I would find it easily, but I didn't.

            The new number is the same as the old, but I warn you that I typically keep it turned off when I'm at work or at home. The home number is really the best. Anyone who already had my cell phone can resume using it, however,

            See you next week!

            Fern
          • Wendy Pastrick
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 28, 2009
              Hahahahahaha
              Boxes?
              You want boxes?
              Just let me know.....

              Wendy / Jale (who just moved and has boxes coming out of places I didn't even know existed!)