Expectations of the Landed Nobility of Ayreton: Revised Draft

  • young_happy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2009
      Greetings All!

      This past Sunday we met to discuss our expectations of the Baron and Baroness of Ayreton. We started with the draft from our July meeting and came up with new proposed wording.

      The new draft is below. Please comment if you were not at the meeting. Also, for those that were at the meeting please review the below to make sure that this is the content we are looking for. We will review it one last time before the October Business Meeting and then will vote on it that evening during the Business Meeting.

      A good clarification from Sunday: These expectations are especially useful because they can be used by prospective Baronial candidates to know what they are committing to before they offer to run for Baron or Baroness.

      Thanks to everyone who is participating! This is a very valuable part of setting up our Barony.

      ~philip

      *DRAFT*

      Expectations of the Landed Nobility of Ayreton

      These are the expectations of the Baron and/or Baroness for the Barony of Ayreton above and beyond those as set by the governing documents of the SCA and the Middle Kingdom and as set by the Crown of the Middle Kingdom:

      • Support the rich variety of interests and activities of the people of Ayreton
      • Inspire courtesy and chivalry through their own conduct
      • Encourage growth
      • Encourage ceremony
      • Attend event sponsored by Ayreton and by the Cantons of Ayreton
      • Hold Baronial Court
      • Attend events outside of Ayreton where they will act as representatives of the Barony
      • Have a Baronial Presence at any event that they attend

      Expectations of the Landed Nobility are not limited to this list. The Baron and/or Baroness will have further responsibilities above and beyond these expectations as warranted by circumstances.

      *DRAFT*