*Renaissance Dance Practice, Tues Oct 24*

  • chris quinn
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2006
      Everbody please come join us for Renaissance Dance
      Practices. Everyone is welcome to come and learn a
      variety of styles of dance from many countries and
      times through the European Renaissance.

      **Fall Location and Schedule**

      Practice is at the University of Chicago for the
      rest of 2006; see below for details on the location.
      As in our previous message, if you are interested
      in coming to practice any time, please send us your
      mundane name, so that the University Security folks
      at the dorm know to expect you. We are planning to
      have practice on Tuesdays on a regular basis.

      Schedule: 7 to 9 pm
      October 24
      Location: University of Chicago Campus,
      Burton-Judson dormitory, 1005 E. 60th Street.
      http://maps. uchicago. edu/south/
      We are in the Lounge, which is on the far side of
      the building. Go across the 1st courtyard into the
      second, and diagonally across the second and up the
      stairs (about where the "L" in "Law" is on the map).

      If you have problems finding or getting in the dorm,
      call Caillech (Caitlin) on her cell (510) 520-0969,
      and she'll help you out.

      *** UNIVERSITY SECURITY POLICIES ****
      Since the current location is a dorm, remember that
      we need to respect the University policies. So far,
      we haven't had any trouble working with them. If you
      would like to come to dance, please do the
      following:
      ** Send your mundane name to ctulloch AT uchicago
      DOT edu (Caitlin) to be on the member list.
      ** Bring a picture ID with you.

      Check in with the people at the front desk, and tell
      them you are with the dance group. We are keeping
      the list of names for the whole semester, so you can
      come to any practice. Send us your name even if you
      just think you might come (you are not obligated to
      come, but it's FUN!!). One of our student hosts
      should be at the front desk to direct you to the
      proper room, or call Caitlin.

      **Other details**

      You do not need to bring a partner to dance...
      Everyone from the Chicago region (and beyond) is
      invited...
      You may dress in street clothes or in garb...
      Beginners and Experts, as well as anyone in between,
      are needed and welcomed...

      **Dance Events**
      Midrealm events are on the calendar at
      http://www.midrealm.org/midrealm_calendar.phtml

      Nov 18, Crystal Ball, Dupo, IL
      http://www.shatteredcrystal.org/Crystal%20Ball%2023.htm

      For questions or last minute updates:
      Quintius (Chris): 773 - 233 - 2614 (home)
      stymee75@...

      http://mail.yahoo.com