Update on Baronial loaner garb project

  • Jen Small
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2009
      Good citizens of Ayreton, greetings!

      Since I will not be at the meeting on Sunday, I wanted to give you an update on the Loaner Tunic project.

      -- Mistress Juliana and I plotted out sizing and fabric requirements for 3 men's and 3 women's linen tunics, in sizes M, L and XL

      -- I have ordered the fabric, and it has arrived!!  I'll be washing it this weekend.

      -- Juliana has graciously agreed to host a work day at her house.  This will be
          Sunday, Sept 20, from 10:30am to 5pm

      All fiber artists are welcome!  We need cutters, machine sewers, hand sewers, embroiderers.  Please RSVP to me to let me know that you're coming, and for how long.  I'll organize the work to fit.

      -- Do we have belts and pouches already in Gold Key that we would like to mark with Baronial colors and the Gold Key symbol?  Do you have old belts and pouches you'd like to donate?  Let me know, and we'll add them to the kit.

      Thanks, and I look forward to working on these and finishing them in time for 40 year!

      Yours in service,

      --Gianetta

    • Judith Epstein
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2009
        On Sep 11, 2009, at 3:04 PM, Jen Small wrote:

        > All fiber artists are welcome! We need cutters, machine sewers,
        > hand sewers, embroiderers. Please RSVP to me to let me know that
        > you're coming, and for how long. I'll organize the work to fit.

        I've got no real skill, but I do have a pair of scissors and would be
        happy to cut out patterns if there are extant paper patterns. However,
        that Sunday is Rosh Hashanah and I can't attend a work party. Could I
        come get some of the fabric and patterns, take them home and cut them,
        and bring them back before the 20th? That way the sewers and
        embroiderers could get going right away. If I recall correctly,
        Juliana lives near-ish to me, on Morse, yes? I'm by California and
        Devon.

        Judith / no SCA name yet
      • Jen Small
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2009
          Thanks for the offer, Judith!  We are going to be doing all the work onsite though -- our goal is to finish them that very day!  Have a wonderful Rosh Hashanah, and you might consider coming to Guild to sew at Juliana's house on most Mondays!

          --Gianetta