XL event planning at the Aryeton meeting on Sunday!

  • Fern
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2009
      Dear Aryeton and friends,

      This Sunday will be the final Aryeton meeting before the 40-Yr Celebration/ Coronation event on Oct 3-4!

      The event is receiving a wonderful amount of attention, both within and outside our Kingdom.  People will be coming from Calontir, Ealdormere, and Northshield, as well as from even farther away!

      There's still a lot to do before the event. I want to share as much planning information as possible so that all of us local people will be able to assist the visitors and so everyone will have a good time.

      If you can attend the Aryeton meeting this Sunday, here's what we can do there:

      1. Prepare the site tokens by attaching a safety pin to each dragon patch. 1000 patches will not take long if we have lots of help!

      2. Pre-registration for the event, if possible. Anyone who is pre-registered can take home their site token and sew it onto their garb for the XL event. Then you won't have to spend much time at registration on the day of the event!  Bring your SCA membership card--I think we can only handle pre-registration for members.

      3. Updates and reports from each staff member for the event. If anyone can't attend the meeting, please try to send a report (one way or another!). Include your requests for assistance and volunteers. Tell me if you have any extra space, or if you need any more space.

      3a. Update from Fern: I have added a meeting of the MK Armorers Guild by putting them in Rockefeller Chapel overlapping the Pelican Rendezvous, but in a back corner. Also, I have collected one literature class for Sunday.

      4. This is the time to answer all questions, figure out final space allocation, and make backup plans. As much as possible, we want to finalize all information and put one last update on the webpage.

      This is going to be a memorable event! With bunches of famous people from our Midrealm history, really cool displays, and wonderful stories!

      It is my dream that everyone at the event will have time to enjoy the creative displays and to meet some interesting people. Let's try to do all the hard work ahead of time, so we can relax and enjoy the event as it unfolds!

      Thank you very much for the advance planning, and all the hard work that has happened in preparation. We can look forward to a great event!

      yours,

      Fern
    • Sue Fischer
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2009
        Hi Fern,

        I seem to have lost the mail with details about this Sunday's meeting.  Where and when?

        Thanks!
        Annora

        On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Fern <fern1445-tgs@...> wrote:

[...]

      • young_happy
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2009
          Here you go:

          Next Business Meeting

          Host: Foxvale
          When: Sunday September 13, 2009 at 6:00 PM
          Where: Patrick's Pub (Same as last time in Foxvale)
          1941 W. Galena Blvd
          Aurora, 60506
          630-892-6650
          This is *not* a potluck. Please be kind to the staff.

          Baronial Charter meeting starts at 4:00 pm. We will be discussing the expectations of the Baron and Baroness at 5:00 pm. Business meeting to follow at 6:00 pm.

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Sue Fischer <loerchen2@...> wrote:

          > Hi Fern,
          >
          > I seem to have lost the mail with details about this Sunday's meeting.
          > Where and when?
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Annora
          >
          > On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Fern <fern1445-tgs@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Dear Aryeton and friends,
          > >
          > > This Sunday will be the final Aryeton meeting before the 40-Yr Celebration/
          > > Coronation event on Oct 3-4!
          > >
          > > The event is receiving a wonderful amount of attention, both within and
          > > outside our Kingdom. People will be coming from Calontir, Ealdormere, and
          > > Northshield, as well as from even farther away!
          > >
          > > There's still a lot to do before the event. I want to share as much
          > > planning information as possible so that all of us local people will be able
          > > to assist the visitors and so everyone will have a good time.
          > >
          > > If you can attend the Aryeton meeting this Sunday, here's what we can do
          > > there:
          > >
          > > 1. Prepare the site tokens by attaching a safety pin to each dragon patch.
          > > 1000 patches will not take long if we have lots of help!
          > >
          > > 2. Pre-registration for the event, if possible. Anyone who is
          > > pre-registered can take home their site token and sew it onto their garb for
          > > the XL event. Then you won't have to spend much time at registration on the
          > > day of the event! Bring your SCA membership card--I think we can only
          > > handle pre-registration for members.
          > >
          > > 3. Updates and reports from each staff member for the event. If anyone
          > > can't attend the meeting, please try to send a report (one way or another!).
          > > Include your requests for assistance and volunteers. Tell me if you have any
          > > extra space, or if you need any more space.
          > >
          > > 3a. Update from Fern: I have added a meeting of the MK Armorers Guild by
          > > putting them in Rockefeller Chapel overlapping the Pelican Rendezvous, but
          > > in a back corner. Also, I have collected one literature class for Sunday.
          > >
          > > 4. This is the time to answer all questions, figure out final space
          > > allocation, and make backup plans. As much as possible, we want to finalize
          > > all information and put one last update on the webpage.
          > >
          > > This is going to be a memorable event! With bunches of famous people from
          > > our Midrealm history, really cool displays, and wonderful stories!
          > >
          > > It is my dream that everyone at the event will have time to enjoy the
          > > creative displays and to meet some interesting people. Let's try to do all
          > > the hard work ahead of time, so we can relax and enjoy the event as it
          > > unfolds!
          > >
          > > Thank you very much for the advance planning, and all the hard work that
          > > has happened in preparation. We can look forward to a great event!
          > >
          > > yours,
          > >
          > > Fern

        • Fern
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13, 2009
            Dear Aryeton,

            I'm sorry to be so slow in posting this news, but I came home from Fox Hunt with some extra clothes!

            When unpacking (eventually!), I discovered an extra bag containing a white drawstring shirt, probably silk(?), and a gold snood.

            I can bring it to the Aryeton meeting today, and I hope that the owner will claim it. It must have gotten mixed in with my bags during the day, and it came home with me that night.

            Please contact me if you won't be at the Aryeton meeting tonight, and we can make other arrangements to return your property.

            Thanks,

            Fern