Landed Nobility Expectations Meeting Sunday

  • young_happy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2009
      Greetings All!

      As a reminder, there we will be meeting after the Charter meeting and before the Baronial Business meeting this coming Sunday to talk about the expectations of the Baron and Baroness of Ayreton.

      More information on location is at www.ayreton.org under the Baronial information link.

      I've attached below the content of the last message I sent to the list about this subject. It was the results of our last discussion.

      Please come if you are at all interested. Everyone is invited. See you then!
      ~philip

      Last message:

      Expectations of the Landed Nobility of Ayreton - Initial Draft

      As a refresher, one of our requirements for advancement to Barony is that we state our expectations for the Landed Nobility of Ayreton.

      What have other groups done?

      Mostly they have about a half page document – five to ten points – that lists what they would like the Baron and/or Baroness to do. They are what you would probably expect – things like "Support the Barony, Attend Baronial Meetings,
      Encourage Growth, Attend Baronial Events" and the such.

      As I mentioned in my last email about this part of the Baronial advancement, we would take any opportunity we could to start talking about these expectations. Specifically, in-between the Charter Meeting and the Business Meeting.

      Our Charter meeting for July ended early so we took some time to start brainstorming. Below are the results of what the assembled people came up with for an initial draft.

      We will meet again at the before the September Business Meeting at 5 pm. Please attend if you are interested in the topic. You may also forward me any comments you would to be shared during the meeting. Comments should be sent by the Friday before the meeting.

      Please read and consider! We need everyone to be involved to please share your thoughts!

      See you soon,
      ~philip

      *INITIAL DRAFT* Expectations of the Landed Nobility of Ayreton *INITIAL DRAFT*

      These are the expectations of the Baron and/or Baroness above and beyond as set by the governing documents of the SCA and the Middle Kingdom and as set by the
      Crown of the Middle Kingdom:

      • Hold Baronial Court
      • Attend event sponsored by Ayreton and by the Cantons of Ayreton
      • Attend events outside of the Ayreton area including local, Kingdom, and Known
      World events where they will act as representative of the Barony
      • Have a Baronial Presence at any event that they attend
      • Inspire the Baronial troops
      • Inspire endeavors in the arts and sciences
      • Inspire ongoing service
      • Inspire courtesy and chivalry through their own conduct
      • Encourage growth
      • Encourage ceremony

      We can also add that this list is not a limit to the expectations of the landed nobility.