Re: [Ayreton] Re: New member e-mail...

  • jeffnaggie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
      And another Welcome Miles!

      Have you made contact with the senechal (president) or chatelaine (new member officer) from your local group yet?  If you haven't let us know what city you live in, we can get you contact information and a web address for that group's web-site.

      Hillary

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
        Welcome Miles,

        I hope you are planning to attend 40 Year / Coronation, this Oct. 3rd, on the U of C Campus in Hyde Park. More info is on the SCA Middle Kingdom web site.

        You will meet a mess of folk there,

        Juliana

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
          Greetings Miles!

          Welcome to the SCA - it's a lot of fun!

          If you are looking for how to join in, here are some resources for you:
          The Society website has lots of information about what to do and how to do it.
          http://www.sca.org/  Advice For Newcomers is one of the links on the upper right - it includes things like how to develop a persona, picking a name and device, making starter garb (clothing for your persona), and an interactive map to help you figure out what kingdom/barony/shire you're in, if you haven't already done so.
          Once you know where you are in the known world, more specific advice can be offered.

          There are links to all of the known world kingdom websites, as well, and the Midrealm website has a calendar of events, with links to individual event pages, when they are available.

          There are lots of events coming up this fall; this weekend, for instance, Ravenslake is hosting the Middle Kingdom Academy of Defence, (MKAoD) in Lake Villa.  That's about 45 minutes north of Chicago.
          If you go to the website: http://www.ravenslake.com/MKAODXII.html
          You will see lots of stuff to do and watch.  Ravenslake has a large gold key - loaner garb - and we would be happy to garb you for the day, but I think you may need to email our chatelaine, Baroness Keiley, in advance.
          I would like to point out that MKAoD as an event is considered a practice, not a tournament.
          That's so that everybody can play, and people who are not yet authorized as safe on the list field may try out the new stuff they have learned in the various classes.

          I look forward to meeting you, and hope it will be sooner, rather than later.

          Tabitha Pennywarden
          Ravenslake, Midlands
          Middle Kingdom