New member e-mail...

  • Ron Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2 12:20 AM
      As I read it, I'm required to send an email to the mods to start posting to the group discussion, etc.
      Hear ya go. My name is Ron, new to the group and to the SCA, hope to make everyone's acquaintance someday.

      Ron Johnson
      Aka - Miles Reynaud

    • young_happy
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2 4:24 AM
        Greetings and Welcome!

        Please let us know how we can get you settled in and having a great time. You may not even know where to start asking questions but we will help you along.

        Try www.ayreton.org if you have not already to see where we meet and some of the different activities we have going on. And if you can make it, try to join us for the Middle Kingdom 40 Year Celebration the first weekend of October - it should be a great event to start learning more about our group.

        Looking forward to meeting you as well.

        ~Philip

      • jeffnaggie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2 6:39 AM
          And another Welcome Miles!

          Have you made contact with the senechal (president) or chatelaine (new member officer) from your local group yet?  If you haven't let us know what city you live in, we can get you contact information and a web address for that group's web-site.

          Hillary

          Please let us know how we can get you settled in and having a great time. You
          may not even know where to start asking questions but we will help you along.

          Try www.ayreton.org if you have not already to see where we meet and some of the
          different activities we have going on. And if you can make it, try to join us
          for the Middle Kingdom 40 Year Celebration the first weekend of October - it
          should be a great event to start learning more about our group.

          Looking forward to meeting you as well.

          ~Philip

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Ron Johnson <milesreynaud@...> wrote: > > As I read it, I'm required to send an email to the mods to start posting to the group discussion, etc. > Hear ya go. My name is Ron, new to the group and to the SCA, hope to make everyone's acquaintance someday. > > Ron Johnson > Aka - Miles Reynaud > ------------------------------------ ~~~~~ To view and add events to the calendar: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/cal/ To discontinue receiving discussion, but still receive announcements, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join and change your subscription to "Special Notices". Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@yahoogroups.com>. Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: Ayreton-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Julia Needlman
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2 9:39 AM
            Welcome Miles,

            I hope you are planning to attend 40 Year / Coronation, this Oct. 3rd, on the U of C Campus in Hyde Park. More info is on the SCA Middle Kingdom web site.

            You will meet a mess of folk there,

            Juliana

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2 10:06 AM
              Greetings Miles!

              Welcome to the SCA - it's a lot of fun!

              If you are looking for how to join in, here are some resources for you:
              The Society website has lots of information about what to do and how to do it.
              http://www.sca.org/  Advice For Newcomers is one of the links on the upper right - it includes things like how to develop a persona, picking a name and device, making starter garb (clothing for your persona), and an interactive map to help you figure out what kingdom/barony/shire you're in, if you haven't already done so.
              Once you know where you are in the known world, more specific advice can be offered.

              There are links to all of the known world kingdom websites, as well, and the Midrealm website has a calendar of events, with links to individual event pages, when they are available.

              There are lots of events coming up this fall; this weekend, for instance, Ravenslake is hosting the Middle Kingdom Academy of Defence, (MKAoD) in Lake Villa.  That's about 45 minutes north of Chicago.
              If you go to the website: http://www.ravenslake.com/MKAODXII.html
              You will see lots of stuff to do and watch.  Ravenslake has a large gold key - loaner garb - and we would be happy to garb you for the day, but I think you may need to email our chatelaine, Baroness Keiley, in advance.
              I would like to point out that MKAoD as an event is considered a practice, not a tournament.
              That's so that everybody can play, and people who are not yet authorized as safe on the list field may try out the new stuff they have learned in the various classes.

              I look forward to meeting you, and hope it will be sooner, rather than later.

              Tabitha Pennywarden
              Ravenslake, Midlands
              Middle Kingdom