Fall activities in Ayreton - Something to do Sundays thru Thursdays

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2006

      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle an other A&S

      Taking place a Grey Gargoyles every Sunday from 2 p.m. until ending

      The Shire of Grey Gargoyles is back to hosting the Garb Circle. We have lots of indoor space, tables and plug ins.  This is designed to be a place to give you a chance to work on your projects and perhaps even finish them.  This is a laid back approach with others there willing to help up but it isn't designed as a teaching experience.  Last week there were about 6 people working on projects.

      Other Arts and Sciences are MOST welcome to come as well.

      Along those lines calligraphy is being brought as well. This too is laid back and about getting your projects done but with someone there willing to help you learn and improve.

      Hope to see you there
      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on monday evenings.

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination

        2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston
      at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.
      This month practice will be held on October 24 and 31st

      WEDNESDAYS

      Heraldry Night

      We will be starting up Heraldry Nights again on alternating Wednesdays.
      Presently, we are scheduled to have heraldry on November 1st.

      There is a change in location.  We will be holding the heraldry meetings at the
      home of Lady Fiona ni Chiardubhain, 1305 Cherry Drive, Batavia, IL 60510
      Phone #630-482-9503.

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza.
      located in Andersonville (north side of the city).
      Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels.  TheScriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the Scriptorium.  You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint.  You don't have to draw. You don't even have to do calligraphy.  Experiment and do what you like.  You don't have to buy anything.  We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.  From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination.  About the only request (per say) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
      WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
      Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)
      Thursday, Dec. 7
      Thusday, Dec. 28 (moot, unless held at the Christmas party as is usually the case)
      Thursday, Jan. 4
      Thursday, Jan. 25 (moot)

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona