  • Ayreton Chronicler
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2009

      Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.

      YOUTH BOFFER

      If we have any practices in late August or in September, I will post them as they are scheduled.   At this point, we are not planning on holding winter youth practices unless there are more kids who want to be active in youth fighting as our main participants are all aging out this fall.  If there is a need, then I will be happy to schedule more practices.

      Acelina is the marshall in charge. djc137@...
      Anna's email:
      KCMalone3@...

      If you are interested, contact Mark,
      mark@... or Anna for an invite to the boffer group for monthly reminders and other youth boffer information.

      SUNDAY PRACTICES

      AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE

      The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of Rokkhealdon, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles nearly every Sunday of the month.

      This practice is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. every Sunday.

      Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

      Be warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at:

      Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake Shore Drive .

        Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave. , Chicago , IL 60637

      - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago . Take I-90/I-90 and exit
      at Garfield Blvd. ( 55th St .)

      - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance ( 59th St .)

      - Go to Woodlawn Avenue , Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

        Map Link
      http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

      TUESDAY PRACTICES

      THIEVES OF HEARTS PRACTICE

      This practice is open to everyone.  Newcomers are welcome, and there is loaner gear available for fencers.  Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

      Practices are held Monday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook North High School .  Address: 2300 Shermer Road , Northbrook , IL

      Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

      Text Directions are:

      - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

      - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the

        school and turn left.

      - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the

         tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.

      WEDNESDAY PRACTICES

      AYRETON ARCHERY PRACTICE

      The Ayreton weekly practice is every Wednesday.  Everyone is welcome -- please come out!

      Date: Every Wednesday unless specified.
      Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

      7240 West Madison
      Forest Park , Illinois 60130
      Range Phone: 708 366 4864

      $8.00 / hr range fee. $0.50 per target.
      $12 for rental gear.
      http://www.archerycustomshop.com/

      All are welcome!

      This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

      The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

    • katriona oneill
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 24, 2009
        Greetings,  For at least the last week I have marked everything I get from this group "unsubscribe" and yet I get more mail every day. This is not the first time I have tried unsuccessfully to unsubscribe from your list.
        The only reason I subscribed in the first place is because I wanted information about the 40th anniversary, which I never did get. WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE ME.  Thank you   Katriona ONeill (mka Diana Hershaw)

        To: ayreton@yahoogroups.com
        From: ayretontownecryer@...
        Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:37:45 -0700
        Subject: [Ayreton] (unknown)

        _,_._,___

        Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on Facebook. Find out more.
      • Christian Fournier
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 25, 2009
          WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE ME.

          Responded to privately (and successfully unsubscribed!)

           XF
        • Jen Small
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 25, 2009
            Sorry this came through without a title -- I don't know what happened!

            Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.

            YOUTH BOFFER

            If we have any practices in late August or in September, I will post them as they are scheduled.   At this point, we are not planning on holding winter youth practices unless there are more kids who want to be active in youth fighting as our main participants are all aging out this fall.  If there is a need, then I will be happy to schedule more practices.

            Acelina is the marshall in charge. djc137@...
            Anna's email:
            KCMalone3@aol. com

            If you are interested, contact Mark,
            mark@mjspieglan. com or Anna for an invite to the boffer group for monthly reminders and other youth boffer information.

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ message/14

            Date: Every Wednesday unless specified.
            Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

            7240 West Madison
            Forest Park , Illinois 60130
            Range Phone: 708 366 4864

            $8.00 / hr range fee. $0.50 per target.
            $12 for rental gear.
            http://www.archeryc ustomshop. com/

            All are welcome!

            This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

            The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com

            If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.

          • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012

              Huzzah!

              T-G-S 12th Night 2013, Event Steward
              Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
              Protege to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, O.P.