Fox Hunt V - August 29, 2009 - Yorkville, Illinois

  • Bernal Schooley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2009

      Fox Hunt V is shaping up to be the best Fox Hunt to date thanks to an enourmous outporing of effort and support by folks from near and far. If you are trying to decide whether or not to go this year, here's some highlights to help you make up your mind...

      The engines of war are upon us...

      * Siege and Combat Archery: Master Jean Paul Pierrepont will be bringing his personal ballista, "Dragon Master", along with siege and combat archery arrows to teach a class and authorize people in siege and combat archery.

      A wide selection of classes to educate and entertain us...

      * An entire track of six scribal classes presented by the household Silken Petals in addition to a scribal roundtable.
      * Building a 15th Century German Double Trestle Table by Lord Ottokar von Erinfels (not just how, but actually an all day build)
      * Pewter Casting Demo be Baron Ettiene le Couteau
      * Medieval Dance by Lord Dunstan Bramblette
      * Middle Easter Dance: Saiidi Rhythm and Movements by Lady Jale bint Amar
      * Brewing and Vinting: Intro to Cordial Making by Lady Calybrid Ine Tere
      * Viking Wire Knitting by Lady Meliora Trelawney
      * Courtly Love and Court Etiquette by Lady Colleen Conlin
      * Basic Tunic Construction by Lady Birgitta Herringadottir
      * Basic Chemise by Dame Nicholaa Halden

      Activites for everyone...

      * Shopping! We have eleven merchants this year so bring some spending money.
      * Childrens activities from 10:00 to 4:00 with a break for lunch followed by the kids favorite the Fox Hunt at 1:00.
      * Youth combat from 10:00 to noon.
      * A full day of target archery, rapier and heavy combat.
      * A preformance by the Pippens from 4:00 to 4:30.
      * Dancing with musicians and a Bardic Circle at 8:00.
      * Ayreton Brewer's Guild Meeting at 1:00.

      And a feast to fill our belly's...

      For the feast this year our taste buds are going on a pilgrimage as we eat our way to the holy land.

      We will be seated outdoors around a central firepit and will begin early at 4:30 to give more time for dancing and bardic afterwards.

      * Beverages
           Sekanjabin: Apple Cider, Ginger, Lemon Peel
           Sekanjabin: Pomegranate, Red-wine Vinegar, Mint
      * On The Table
           Ciabatta Bread
           Olives and Grapes
           Honey butter and Olive Oil
      * First Remove: Rome
           Smoked Pork
           Gnocchi with Romano and Brown Butter
           Carrot Fritters
      * Second Remove: Constantinople
           Fatoush Salad
           Chicken Kabob
           Grilled Vegetables
      * Third Remove: Jerusalem
           Baba Gnoush
           Beef Kefta
           Grilled Lamb
           Cucumber and Yogurt Salad
      * Desert Finale
           Barbousa – Middle Easter
           Semolina Cake
           Galaktoboureko – Greek
           Custard in Phyllo
           Coconut Date Rolls

      The gates open at 9:00am and close at 10:00pm. Fox Hunt is held at the Kendall County Fairgrounds located at the intersection of Route 71 and East Highpoint Road just 1 mile west of Route 47 in Yorkville, Illinois. For more information please visit the event web page at http://www.foxvale.org/viewpage.php?page_id=7.

      Hope to see you there.

      --Richard de Scolay