Re: [Ayreton] Pennsic Shout Outs

  • Jen Small
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2009
      Thanks for mentioning, Sarafina!  The Pippins had a great time performing -- we sang at two different locations during Midnight Madness... and made $7!  (woo hoo!)  And, we were honored to be able to entertain the crowds before court as well.

      I had a great time at Pennsic, especially seeing Pennsic through the lens of children's activities.  Alec and I took several classes at Youth Point (Alec's comment: "I didn't know there were PROJECTS at Pennsic!"), and we attended the Children's Fete on Wednesday.  I was blown away by the donations of materials and time by those dedicated to children's activities.  It was a lot of fun, and Alec loved making a viking boat that actually floated, and winning a prize!!  Alec also went to the archery range with Ignatz several times, and was the youngest kid shooting on the range.

      I taught a class (How to Look Like You Stepped Out of a Painting), which went very well --about 30 people attended -- and I led the class but also had a bit of a roundtable.  I also attended a class (breast support in period).

      Aidan crawled a lot and looked cute :)

      I had a wonderful time at the Ayreton party, thanks everyone for coming, sharing food, and good conversation and celebration!

      --Gianetta

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12, 2009

        Our gate guards for royal were fierce and kept the Crown safe. Etienne safely thwarted the Fools Parade from entering Midroyal later in the week.

        As  member of said fools parade yes they did, but i do have to say that east royal turned us away while giving us iceee pops...There was truly much rejoicing. :)
        ----kiyohara

      • David Valenta
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 12, 2009
          One would have to ask then as to who were the fools.

          Guy