Re: Ayreton Badge Contest

  • Rhisiart ap Llywelyn
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 20, 2006
      Hail and well met,

      If the design is in a digital form (jpeg, gif, etc.), where should it
      be sent to? I'm toying with a few ideas and was wondering where
      should I send them once they are finished.

      Much thanks.

      -Rhisiart ap Llywelyn
      "Sursum ad Summum"

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "David Roland" <mystborne@...> wrote:

      > Greetings unto the People of Ayreton.
      >
      > A reminder. As much conversation as there is about the Ayreton
      > Badge Contest I wanted to remind folks that it is a contest.
      >
      > You can, and are encouraged to, make the design anything you want
      it
      > to be.
      >
      > As I am the Ayreton Towne Cryer I will NOT be participating in the
      > contest simply because in my opinion that would not be meet, though
      > if I did I would be doing it in calligraphy.
      >
      > As the contest regulations state, it can be interpretive dance or
      > anything else. If you want to SEW something, go for it, if you
      want
      > to word work something, go for it, if you want to do something on
      MS
      > Paint go for it, if you want to metal work it, go for it.
      >
      > Make something that you think symbolizes Ayreton. The term badge
      > really should be switched to SYMBOL. Think of it as you will but
      > keep in mind that everyone can come up with anything they want to
      > come up with.
      >
      > A discussion held off to the side of the Ayreton Towne Meeting at
      > Fox Hunt II discussed a fanciful blending of ideas. Hardly
      > heraldical. And thats just fine folks.
      >
      > I fully encourage people to continue the conversation as it has
      been
      > going.
      >
      > BUT I want to remind everyone that ANYTHING is fair game for the
      > contest.
      >
      > Frankly I'd LOVE to see Jale's interpretive dance but sadly no that
      > won't happen.
      >
      > Ian the Green
      > Ayreton Towne Cryer

    • Andrew Otto
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 3, 2006

        Sorry, I messed up did not include the reasons for the badges. You are right about the hand under the table and the pizza.

        The first one celebrates the REAL official animal of the area: the Construction Horse (gold (yellow) horse across a black stripe extending into the distance). Yeah, I know, perspective is right out in heraldry.

        Oh, a question to all of the fine heralds out there. How is wind depicted in heraldry?

        -*Angus*-

        suzanearley@... wrote:
        I don't get the first one, but the 'under the table' and the 'pizza on a restaurant table' I dig. :D

        Ghita
        From: "exit104" <exit104@yahoo. com>

        > OK, here are some tongue firmly in cheek suggestions.
        >
        > Please remeber that I do not have leet Hearldry Skillz. Anything
        > that I could not say in blazon-eese is in parens. Real Hearlds
        > should feel free to laugh, taunt and correct me.
        >
        > So.....
        >
        > Celebrating one of the official animals of the area:
        > Argent, on a pile inverted sable a horse statent or.
        >
        > Celebrating the political ethics of the area:
        > Vert, in pale a table argent a hand fesswise couped or.
        >
        > Celebrating one of our favorite cusines:
        > Chequy guiles and sable a rondel (divided six ways) or (with a) semi
        > of rondels guiles.
        >
        > Angus Fraser
        > -*Angus*-

        gt;