Re: Ayreton Badge Contest

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 20, 2006
      Greetings unto the People of Ayreton.

      A reminder. As much conversation as there is about the Ayreton
      Badge Contest I wanted to remind folks that it is a contest.

      You can, and are encouraged to, make the design anything you want it
      to be.

      As I am the Ayreton Towne Cryer I will NOT be participating in the
      contest simply because in my opinion that would not be meet, though
      if I did I would be doing it in calligraphy.

      As the contest regulations state, it can be interpretive dance or
      anything else. If you want to SEW something, go for it, if you want
      to word work something, go for it, if you want to do something on MS
      Paint go for it, if you want to metal work it, go for it.

      Make something that you think symbolizes Ayreton. The term badge
      really should be switched to SYMBOL. Think of it as you will but
      keep in mind that everyone can come up with anything they want to
      come up with.

      A discussion held off to the side of the Ayreton Towne Meeting at
      Fox Hunt II discussed a fanciful blending of ideas. Hardly
      heraldical. And thats just fine folks.

      I fully encourage people to continue the conversation as it has been
      going.

      BUT I want to remind everyone that ANYTHING is fair game for the
      contest.

      Frankly I'd LOVE to see Jale's interpretive dance but sadly no that
      won't happen.

      Ian the Green
      Ayreton Towne Cryer
    • Andrew Otto
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 3, 2006

        Sorry, I messed up did not include the reasons for the badges. You are right about the hand under the table and the pizza.

        The first one celebrates the REAL official animal of the area: the Construction Horse (gold (yellow) horse across a black stripe extending into the distance). Yeah, I know, perspective is right out in heraldry.

        Oh, a question to all of the fine heralds out there. How is wind depicted in heraldry?

        -*Angus*-

        suzanearley@... wrote:
        I don't get the first one, but the 'under the table' and the 'pizza on a restaurant table' I dig. :D

        Ghita
        From: "exit104" <exit104@yahoo. com>

        > OK, here are some tongue firmly in cheek suggestions.
        >
        > Please remeber that I do not have leet Hearldry Skillz. Anything
        > that I could not say in blazon-eese is in parens. Real Hearlds
        > should feel free to laugh, taunt and correct me.
        >
        > So.....
        >
        > Celebrating one of the official animals of the area:
        > Argent, on a pile inverted sable a horse statent or.
        >
        > Celebrating the political ethics of the area:
        > Vert, in pale a table argent a hand fesswise couped or.
        >
        > Celebrating one of our favorite cusines:
        > Chequy guiles and sable a rondel (divided six ways) or (with a) semi
        > of rondels guiles.
        >
        > Angus Fraser
        > -*Angus*-

        gt;