RE: [Ayreton] Ayreton Arts Martial Announcements

  • Thomas Hughes
    Message 1 of 118 , Jul 28, 2009

      We will be talking about whether, where and when to hold youth combat practices after Pennsic.  Two of our most active youth combatants, Gareth and Gryphon, both turn 18 this fall and many of our other youth combatants are getting to be very active in school activities.  Some discussions will be held on the future of Ayreton youth fighter practices at Pennsic.

      Sean o’Shaughnessy

      Date: Every Wednesday unless specified.
      Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

      7240 West Madison
      Forest Park , Illinois 60130
      Range Phone: 708 366 4864

      $8.00 / hr range fee. $0.50 per target.
      $12 for rental gear.
      http://www.archerycustomshop.com/

      All are welcome!

      This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

      The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

    • Ayreton Chronicler
      Message 118 of 118 , Apr 12, 2010

        Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.

        YOUTH BOFFER PRACTICE

        Youth boffer practices are being organized right now.  Watch this space for dates and times, or contact Anna (KCMalone3@...) for details.

        SUNDAY PRACTICES

        AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE

        The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of Rokkehealden, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles nearly every Sunday of the month.

        This practice is scheduled to start at  2 p.m. every Sunday. NOTE: Ida Noyes Hal l is unavailable some days in April.  If the weather is good, there may be outdoor practices but please verify before heading out.

[...]

        THIEVES OF HEARTS PRACTICE – back to Tuesdays starting April

        This practice is open to everyone.  Newcomers are welcome, and there is loaner gear available for fencers.  Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook North High School .  Address: 2300 Shermer Road , Northbrook , IL