Re: Ayreton Badge Contest

  • Rhisiart ap Llywelyn
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 20, 2006
      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Tedesco da Venezia" <tedesco@...>
      wrote:

      > I don't think it's a good idea to restrict our non-registered
      device for a
      > unofficial group to the rules of heraldry just because maybe someday
      > possibly we might want to and be able to form a barony. I even
      hesitated to
      > bring that up because we specifically DON'T want to take this down
      that
      > road. (especially for the many reason cited here) What we want
      here is a
      > banner that we can put up at our event, on the site token,
      literature, etc.

      I had a feeling that what I stated earlier wasn't well-written, and I
      apologize. I concur fully with you on this one. What I was referring
      to was that maybe the banner design should be generic enough so that
      if a shire doesn't wish to join a potential future barony, then such
      a possibility will not drastically alter the banner design.
      Having "x" design in a banner because of "y" shire could potentially
      lead to that. I don't suspect that such an outcome is probable; it's
      more of a "CYA" attitude.

      -Rhisiart ap Llywelyn
      "Sursum ad Summum"

      Andre the Giant Has a Posse
    • Andrew Otto
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 3, 2006

        Sorry, I messed up did not include the reasons for the badges. You are right about the hand under the table and the pizza.

        The first one celebrates the REAL official animal of the area: the Construction Horse (gold (yellow) horse across a black stripe extending into the distance). Yeah, I know, perspective is right out in heraldry.

        Oh, a question to all of the fine heralds out there. How is wind depicted in heraldry?

        -*Angus*-

        suzanearley@... wrote:
        I don't get the first one, but the 'under the table' and the 'pizza on a restaurant table' I dig. :D

        Ghita
        From: "exit104" <exit104@yahoo. com>

        > OK, here are some tongue firmly in cheek suggestions.
        >
        > Please remeber that I do not have leet Hearldry Skillz. Anything
        > that I could not say in blazon-eese is in parens. Real Hearlds
        > should feel free to laugh, taunt and correct me.
        >
        > So.....
        >
        > Celebrating one of the official animals of the area:
        > Argent, on a pile inverted sable a horse statent or.
        >
        > Celebrating the political ethics of the area:
        > Vert, in pale a table argent a hand fesswise couped or.
        >
        > Celebrating one of our favorite cusines:
        > Chequy guiles and sable a rondel (divided six ways) or (with a) semi
        > of rondels guiles.
        >
        > Angus Fraser
        > -*Angus*-

        gt;