Sunday fighter practice

  • scribesquire
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22 11:27 AM
      Greetings,

      Summer is upon us and the beat from the drums of war is rapidly getting louder. To that end, please note the following changes to the Sunday fighter practices for the next 3 weeks.

      Sunday, July 26th – Cancelled
      Sunday, August 2nd – Cancelled
      Sunday, August 9th – Cancelled

      Practice will resume on Sunday August 16th.

      In Service,
      Henry of Exeter
      Marshal, Barony of Ayreton
    • mickel14@msu.edu
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2011
        Unto the fighters and populace of Ayreton, I give greetings.

        As the new heavy weapons marshal of Grey Gargoyles, I would like to make it as easy as possible for people to come out to the Sunday practice.  I know that there has been some confusion in the past about what rooms are reserved for practice and if we have a room at all and will there be practice if we don't have a room, so I will be posting that information more often on the email lists.

        For tomorrow, we do not officially have a room, but I have had good luck in the past with going there at noon and talking the building manager into giving us a room anyway.  Last week we were in the dance hall.  I am hoping to get either the cloister club or the dance hall tomorrow, and am therefore assuming that there WILL be practice even though the forecast is for rain.  If anyone would like me to call them between noon and 1 pm if I cannot get a room, feel free to send a personal email with your phone number.

        If anyone has any other ideas on how I can recruit more people to come play with us on Sunday afternoons, I'd love to hear them.  It's always more fun with more people.

        In Service,
        -Susanna the Short
        mickel14@...
      • Fern
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
          Thanks, Susanna!

          This is a wonderful idea and I am very happy to support it.

          I will try to keep you posted on my probably attendance at fighting practice, too. Due to my knee injury, I'm recovering slowly and it will be a while before I'm at full abilitiy again. However, I'm happy to teach, in all cases!

          Tomorrow, Oct 2, I will not be at practice, due to running an Aikido test in the suburbs. Please accept my regrets, and good luck with the new people! I expect to be there next week.

          thanks,

          Fern