Simple Day redux

  • Christian Fournier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2009
      Yesterday at Simple Day, several of us Ayretonians travelled down and
      had a great day. Some congratulations are in order, even:

      The Thieves of Hearts were, as usual, the heart and soul of the rapier
      field, defending their honor against all comers, and hosting what
      promised to be a killer party on Friday night.

      The Pippins did a nice set (if I do say myself) of our usual period
      songs just prior to the start of court.

      Several Ayreton members were named to the Rapier Champions' team, but
      since that list has not been published (merely announced at the
      event), I can't say as I recall who all of them were.

      Two Ayreton fighters were named as Unbelted Champions of the
      Midrealm! Sabah al Rashid and Henry of Exeter will take the field
      with 43 of their brothers-in-arms on Sunday at Pennsic, immediately
      after opening ceremonies, to combat 45 of the Eastrealm's finest. On
      the following Friday, those 45 heroes (our two among them) will be
      joined by 15 more alternates (including myself), to fight alongside 60
      Eastern unbelts, against 120 champions assembled from the rest of the
      Known World.

      I trust the rest of you had as great a time as Tacit and I did!

      Christian Fournier