Re: Ayreton Badge Contest

  • Rhisiart ap Llywelyn
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 19, 2006
      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Tedesco da Venezia" <tedesco@...>
      wrote:

      > One of my thoughts was a variation or use of charges from the
      Chicago flag
      > (4 red stars between two blue bars) or possibly the Illinois flag
      (an
      > eagle), though I'd be a bit concerned that some in the farther out
      shires
      > might feel a bit excluded if the Chicago theme were taken too far.

      That's a fair enough consideration, and one that I mulled over
      earlier. However, I would think that a variation of the Illinois flag
      would be a bit over-inclusive. Also, at least the Chicago flag is a
      fairly basic design.

      I guess a primary consideration before getting to any "nuts and
      bolts" issues should be whether the Ayreton badge will be used later
      as a Baronial emblem, or is it just going to be an Ayreton badge. If
      it is not going to be used for a Baronial badge, then it does free up
      certain design ideas that wouldn't, or shouldn't, be considered
      otherwise.

      However, it is nice to know that I wasn't the only one thinking about
      that design... it doesn't make me feel like it was too far out there
      as an idea...

      -Rhisiart ap Llywelyn
      "Sursum ad Summum"

      Andre the Giant Has a Posse
    • Andrew Otto
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 3, 2006

        Sorry, I messed up did not include the reasons for the badges. You are right about the hand under the table and the pizza.

        The first one celebrates the REAL official animal of the area: the Construction Horse (gold (yellow) horse across a black stripe extending into the distance). Yeah, I know, perspective is right out in heraldry.

        Oh, a question to all of the fine heralds out there. How is wind depicted in heraldry?

        -*Angus*-

        suzanearley@... wrote:
        I don't get the first one, but the 'under the table' and the 'pizza on a restaurant table' I dig. :D

        Ghita
        From: "exit104" <exit104@yahoo. com>

        > OK, here are some tongue firmly in cheek suggestions.
        >
        > Please remeber that I do not have leet Hearldry Skillz. Anything
        > that I could not say in blazon-eese is in parens. Real Hearlds
        > should feel free to laugh, taunt and correct me.
        >
        > So.....
        >
        > Celebrating one of the official animals of the area:
        > Argent, on a pile inverted sable a horse statent or.
        >
        > Celebrating the political ethics of the area:
        > Vert, in pale a table argent a hand fesswise couped or.
        >
        > Celebrating one of our favorite cusines:
        > Chequy guiles and sable a rondel (divided six ways) or (with a) semi
        > of rondels guiles.
        >
        > Angus Fraser
        > -*Angus*-

        gt;