RE: [Ayreton] [CHARTER] Agenda for 2009-07-12

  • Thomas Hughes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9 7:41 AM

    Per Robbyan’s request, I have agreed to facilitate the development of text for the Draft Baronial Charter at Sunday’s (July 12, 2009) Charter Meeting like I did in March 2008.  To that end, I have gone through the prior Charter Meeting minutes and pulled the information from those minutes relative to each topic area to be covered in the Charter.

    Here is the remaining table of contents for the charter that needs to be completed.  We need to develop text around the decisions made previously.  Attached you find a copy of the results of our March 8, 2009 draft along with the inserts for the remaining topic areas.  Please bring this email and the attachment to the meeting for your use.

    Like last time, I will break the committee up into small working groups who will develop draft text for a defined topic area.  NOTE: during the course of the past several months, it appears that several of the topic areas may no longer be needed.

    I look forward to seeing you Sunday.

    Sean o’Shaughnessy

    Remaining Charter Topic areas:

    1. Ceremony:
      1. Awards
      2. Champions
      3. Ceremonies
      4. Regalia
      5. Heraldry
      6. Investiture

    2. Officers
      1. Terms of office
      2. Offices
      3. Selection
      4. Baronial transition (ongoing, not this first time!)
      5. Expectations
    3. Internal Operation:
      1. Canton <-> barony interactions and jurisdiction
      2. Adding & subtraction of cantons
    4. Money:
      1. See financial policy (have you read it and returned comments to Ghita yet?)
    5. Just In Case
      1. Problem solving
      2. Grievance procedures