[CHARTER] Notes from meeting held 2009-06-14

  • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2009
      Sorry for the delay... work has me thoroughly over-committed right now.

      Ayreton Charter Committee
      2009-06-14 Meeting Notes

      Attending:

      Robyyan (Dennis Sherman)(T)

      Fern de la Foret (Laurie Erickson) (T)
      Nadezda Zezastriz (Merril Miller) (T)

      Aethelwulf of Dover (Tom Scrip) (T)

      Richard de Scolay (Bernal Schooky) (F)

      Ansel Claybourne (Jim Sherrod) (F)

      Twm ap Twm (Tim Dinan) (V)

      Philip White (Craig Shupee)(T)

      Henry of Exeter (Terry Doner) (R)

      Grimkirk ap Greymoor (J.M. Schneider) (T)

      Hillary of Langeforde (Aggie Powell-Berger) (F)

      Gareth Ostwestly (Jeff Berger) (F)

      Bojei Temur Beki (Kate Berceu) (F)

      Ghita (Susan Earley) (R)

      Julienne La Follette (Samantha King) (V)

      (F = Foxvale, G = Grey Gargoyles, R = Rokkehealden, T = Tree-Girt-Sea, V = Vanished Wood)

      We had no correspondence received.

      We discussed the topic of MONEY. We agreed the Charter doesn't need to say much on the topic, only referring to the Financial Policy, and reiterating the preamble to the Charter agreed upon at the 2009-02-08 meeting and repeated here:

      Whereas the purpose of a Barony is to provide new opportunities for fun in the SCA and to create new traditions, let it be known that the Barony of Aryeton claims no jurisdiction over the internal activities of the Cantons, specifically the activities involving Canton events, officers, and exchequer decisions.

      The Barony of Aryeton will respect and honor the traditions and customs of the Cantons. All participation in the Baronial activities is strictly voluntary and cooperative.

      We discussed what the Charter needs to say about Barony / Canton interactions and jurisdiction. We agreed that the preamble agreed upon at the 2009-02-08 meeting says everything needed, and is repeated here:

      Whereas the purpose of a Barony is to provide new opportunities for fun in the SCA and to create new traditions, let it be known that the Barony of Aryeton claims no jurisdiction over the internal activities of the Cantons, specifically the activities involving Canton events, officers, and exchequer decisions.

      The Barony of Aryeton will respect and honor the traditions and customs of the Cantons. All participation in the Baronial activities is strictly voluntary and cooperative.

      We discussed what the Charter needs to say about adding and removing Cantons from the Barony, and agreed that it doesn't need to say much except that growth is encouraged. Midrealm and corporate policy will govern this activity.

      We discussed what the Charter needs to say, if anything, about problem solving and grievance procedures. We agreed on these two statements:

      • The Baronial Curia is not expected to resolve individual problems.

      • The Barony will not intervene in inter-canton disputes unless requested.

      This ended discussion of all topics identified as candidates for the Charter at the meeting of 2008-11-09. At the next meeting, we will continue the work begun at the 2009-03-08 meeting, drafting the text of the Charter from these notes. As that work progresses, we will determine whether we have a Charter or a Charter and By-Laws or some other set of documents.

      After the Charter meeting ended, with a block of time available before the Baronial meeting, Ghita led the group through a review of the Financial Policy. A revised draft has been posted and comments should be sent to her.

      Next Meeting: 2009-07-12 4:00pm, in Vanished Wood, site same as Ayreton meeting (And the Ayreton Arts Academy Afternoon Activity). Roselle United Methodist Church, 206 Rush St, Roselle, IL 60172

      http://robyyan.googlepages.com