Re: [Ayreton] Baronial standards help needed for 40 year

  • Fern
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2009
      Dear HIlary,

      I am *so* looking forward to the first painting party for the Baronial Standards. I will be there, anyplace, practically anytime. Just keep me posted on the plans!

      There are 18 current baronies in the Middle Kingdom, and to have heraldic standards for all of them, in matching sizes and fabrics, will be the coolest thing in the world!

      The plan is to have them all ready for the 40-yr event, and use them as decoration there, maybe mounted on the big stairway leading up from the main lobby. And then, all the standards can be marched into Court that night, and presented as a gift to the current Baronies of the Midrealm from the Incipient Barony of Aryeton! What an amazing court presentation! This will blow them away!

      The only thing better would be to have the 40-yr event before Pennsic, so we could give them their banners early, and then the banners could enter in procession during the Opening Ceremonies! It won't happen like that this year, but maybe next year!

      Naturally, we will also make a 19th baronial standard to match--for Aryeton! There's nothing like planning ahead, right?

      So, thanks very much to Maestra Gwen for organizing this project, and to Lady Hilary for advertising the plans! I can't wait to see the results!

      yours,

      Fern