[NEWS] FW: RENAISSANCE COSTUME YARD SALE - BERWYN, IL

  • John Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2009
      Apologies for the lateness of this
      missive and duplications. I only saw it this morning. I was not aware that John and Helen had
      been ill, let alone passed.

      This was posted by his niece, Lesley,
      who was a classmate of mine at DePaul. Small world, indeed.

      -- Grimkirk

      Date: Sunday, June 21, 2009
      Time: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
      Location: (Contact Me or Susan for Street Address)
      Street: 2722 Kennilworth Ave
      City/Town: Berwyn, IL
      View Map
      Google
      MapQuest
      Microsoft
      Yahoo

      Phone: 6303081651
      Email: tisiphne@...
      A large yard sale of MEDIEVAL, RENAISSANCE, and 18th CENTURY
      costumes and accessories, gently used, store new, and handmade will be Sunday
      afternoon on Kennilworth in Berwyn, IL. Please contact me (Lesley Carhart) or
      my mother, Susan Carhart, for details. I saw costumes for men, women, and kids
      in many sizes - there is too much stuff for me to size and photograph
      everything.

      This is part of the estate sale of two long-time S.C.A. members and costumers.

      Both husband and wife lost their battles to terminal illness this Spring. They
      spent many years active in S.C.A. and other reenactment events and accumulated
      a houseful of reenactment costumes and medieval weapons. We (the family) will
      just be happy to see the costumes (many of which were never even worn) used.
      We've contacted the local reenactment groups, but we'd love to hear from
      anybody else who would like to stop by on Sunday.

      All proceeds will go towards the college education of their orphan.