Border Skirmish 6

  • Kyla
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2009
      Greetings!

      Please forgive the delay - I've been extremely busy with mundane stuff this week.

      I just wanted to say thank you to everybody who participated in Border Skirmish 6.
      This is a special event for me, as Border Skirmish 3 was where I first got to help run an event, and where I first met any Thieves of Hearts.
      I'm very pleased with the new location, and I hope everybody else is too - every time I had to climb that hill, I kept telling myself, 'It's good exercise!'
      I think Marie La Fauconniere, our autocrat this year, went above and beyond in getting us such a fine site, and making sure everything went smoothly, even if that meant staying up 'til sunrise making sure everyone was OK.

      Likewise, our CAM counterparts did their part with little help or direction from us - their list ropes and almost everything else showed up, was set up and disappeared punctually.
      (The only exception was the grills, and they were late, not missing!)
      Simon was everywhere, helping set up on Friday, being the brute squad Saturday night, and tearing down Sunday.
      Rose Marian was always near troll, as far as I could tell, making sure that someone experienced was present.

      The concert Saturday afternoon went well in spite of a few snags and lack of foresight on the planner's part, which I hope can be forgiven, as I have never put on a concert before.

      The Thieves of Hearts sailed into port, played with fire, and sailed on.
      As always, their pirate ship, the Ridden Moon, was a star feature, both during the day and especially after hours.

      I had a good time, and I want to thank everyone who helped me do it; my co-conspirators Court and Country, Ravenslake, CAM, Thieves of Hearts, Ayreton, and the Township of Kenosha.
      Every single person who showed up helped to make this past weekend a fun one - thank you all!

      Tabitha Pennywarden
      Ravenslake, Midlands
      Middle Kingdom
      Thief Of Hearts, Court & Country