Demo opportunity in July

  • Eva Schultz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2009
      My sister's friend wants to have a medieval-themed fundraiser for their church on July 17-19.  It is part of Plainfield Fest, one of the summer outdoor festivals in Plainfield, IL each summer.  Their goal is to raise funds for new hymnals and other projects around their church (Plymouth Congregational Church).  They have a couple of people with ren faire costumes, and they are still planning what their fundraiser will be and how they will structure their event.  They asked if I knew anyone who could do fighting demos, etc.

      I know that is the weekend of Simple Day and leads up into Pennsic, so it's probably a long shot, but I said I would put the word out.  They are going to be participating in Plainfield Fest all three days, and I did let the lady know that SCA demos are typically just a few hours.

      If you have any interest in this, please let me know.  If enough people want to do it, I'll get back in touch with the lady and see if she can start to pull together details on how she wants to run it.

      thanks,

      Elianora Saunfayle