Midlands Regional Rapier Army Information

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2009
      This weekend's Border Skirmish VI will be our first opportunity this year to match our region's rapier fighters against another kingdom's.  Although it's very close, I'd like to encourage all rapier fighters to attend.  We have an entire afternoon of melee fighting to do, including reserved time slots for crossovers.

      For those of you on the more southern end of the region, Crystal Chamfron (just east of St. Louis) is a mere two weeks after.  Baron Max has done his best to make this an awesome rapier event, and has bribed a certain pirate ship and her crew to come down and fight their way from where the ship will dock, along the road leading to the fort, and fight their way into the fort's front door.  Honestly, they probably didn't NEED the bribe, the scenarios he and Warder Philippe de Lyon were telling me about should be enough incentive for anyone to come!  (But don't tell him)

      And finally, the traditional last-big-event-before-Pennsic is Simple Day (near Indianapolis).  Last year this event was attended by all of the rapier teams in kingdom, and that lead to some incredible fighting.  When you can form four teams of a dozen each, you know it's going to be a brawl!  This year promises to be just as intense.

      So in this run up to Pennsic, I encourage all rapier melee fighters in the region (and those beyond) to attend one or more of these events.

      June 12-14 Border Skirmish VI (Kenosha, WI)
      June 26-28 Crystal Chamfron (Wood River, IL)
      July 17-19 Simple Day (Indianapolis, IN)

      And if you are planning on attending Pennsic, I'd like you to talk to me or email me <tedesco@...> so I can get a better head count of our region's rapier army.  Thank you, and Draco Invictus!

      Tedesco da Venezia
      Midlands Regional Rapier Commander