Rose Tourney---Fighters and volunteers needed!

  • Dayle Harding
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26 9:26 AM
      Greetings all--

      Please feel free to post this on any and all groups that you are on.

      This Sat., May 30, 2009, is the Middle Kingdom Rose Tournament.  The weather forecast looks spectacular (yes, I know it's Chicago and subject to change on a dime, which is why we have an indoor fighting site if we need it), and we need two things:  fighters and volunteers.

      We have several Roses who are coming who have not yet picked a team.  So, there is plenty of opportunity to be chosen for a team.  There will also been additional lists available for pick up fighting for those who are not chosen.  This includes both heavy and rapier fighters.  Come, and bring some friends!

      There are also opportunities available to volunteer your time and labor.  We can most especially use help with Rose Porters (these individuals will help unload/load the cars of Roses as they arrive/leave).  But, almost all areas could use help.

      If you would like to volunteer to help at this year's Rose Tourney, your help will be greatly appreciated. We can expect as many as 20 Roses in attendance and many of them will need assistance.

      There are volunteer opportunities in the following areas:

      • Set-Up 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
      • Rose Porters: 8 a.m. to Noon, 4 p.m. to close of the day's events.
      • Royalty Retainers: 8 a.m. to Noon, Noon to 4 p.m., 4 p.m. to close
      • Marshalls: Heavy, Rapier, Youth
      • List Assistants
      • Heralds
      • Servers: Royalty Lunch, Rose Tea
      • Clean-up: 4 p.m. - to after close.

      Please contact Her Ladyship Katherine at volunteers@... with the following information;

      SCA Name, Modern Name, Best way to contact, Choice 1, Choice 2

      Volunteer early to get the opportunities you most want!

      Mistress Acelina of Derelei

      Seneschal, Shire of Vanished Wood