Re: [Ayreton] Treyundir ?

  • David Valenta
    Message 1 of 6 , May 17, 2009
      Thank you Your Excellency.

      Guy

      --- On Sun, 5/17/09, AndreAllen@... <AndreAllen@...> wrote:
      From: AndreAllen@... <AndreAllen@...>
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Treyundir ?
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 9:43 AM

      -----Original Message-----
      From: David Valenta <dvalenta@ameritech. net>
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com
      Sent: Fri, 15 May 2009 3:45 pm
      Subject: [Ayreton] Treyundir ?

      Greetings all,

      Master Phillip asked local seneschals to put together our groups histories. In that process I am pouring over early senscahal's reports for Grey Gargoyles and came across this remark:
      " We also hope to encourage more of our members to travel to events in Illinois and Indiana, and hope to make them more a recognized part of the Treyundir area."

      It is from a July, 1980 report.
      Does anyone recognize the name Treyundir? What was it?

      If anyone remembers this please contact me of list.>.

      I dropped Guy a private note but since this is about history I thought I'd pass it on in public as well.

      This was an early suggestion for a name for the combined Chicago area groups based on using the 312 area code changed into a modified Romance language.

      AElfred

    • kevin purtrell
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2009
        Wow.
        Tell me another story from the real old days where there was 1 area code, "pay phones,"
        and what life was like before Al Gore invented the internet.

        -Kevin Ambrozijwski

        Master Phillip asked local seneschals to put together our groups histories. In that process I am pouring over early senscahal's reports for Grey Gargoyles and came across this remark:
        " We also hope to encourage more of our members to travel to events in Illinois and Indiana, and hope to make them more a recognized part of the Treyundir area."

        It is from a July, 1980 report.
        Does anyone recognize the name Treyundir? What was it?

        If anyone remembers this please contact me of list.>.

        I dropped Guy a private note but since this is about history I thought I'd pass it on in public as well.

        This was an early suggestion for a name for the combined Chicago area groups based on using the 312 area code changed into a modified Romance language.

        AElfred

      • Wolfram von Waldersbach
        Message 3 of 6 , May 17, 2009
          Nice. Thanks for the info.

          So, is it too late to use Treyundir as a name instead?  ;-)

          In Service,

          "Voca me cum benedictis"
          2008 Midlands Regional Archery Champion

          To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          From: AndreAllen@...
          Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 10:43:31 -0400

          Master Phillip asked local seneschals to put together our groups histories. In that process I am pouring over early senscahal's reports for Grey Gargoyles and came across this remark:
          " We also hope to encourage more of our members to travel to events in Illinois and Indiana, and hope to make them more a recognized part of the Treyundir area."

          It is from a July, 1980 report.
          Does anyone recognize the name Treyundir? What was it?

          If anyone remembers this please contact me of list.>.

          I dropped Guy a private note but since this is about history I thought I'd pass it on in public as well.

          This was an early suggestion for a name for the combined Chicago area groups based on using the 312 area code changed into a modified Romance language.

          AElfred

          Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.
        • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18, 2009
            That would need to be TreyundirOctquadseptSeptsepttrey these days.  At least.
            :-)

            Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
            http://robyyan.googlepages.com

            From: AndreAllen@aol. com
            Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 10:43:31 -0400