Re: [Ayreton] Treyundir ?

  • AndreAllen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 17, 2009

      From: David Valenta <dvalenta@...>
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, 15 May 2009 3:45 pm
      Subject: [Ayreton] Treyundir ?

      Greetings all,

      Master Phillip asked local seneschals to put together our groups histories. In that process I am pouring over early senscahal's reports for Grey Gargoyles and came across this remark:
      " We also hope to encourage more of our members to travel to events in Illinois and Indiana, and hope to make them more a recognized part of the Treyundir area."

      It is from a July, 1980 report.
      Does anyone recognize the name Treyundir? What was it?

      If anyone remembers this please contact me of list.>.

      I dropped Guy a private note but since this is about history I thought I'd pass it on in public as well.

      This was an early suggestion for a name for the combined Chicago area groups based on using the 312 area code changed into a modified Romance language.

      AElfred

    • David Valenta
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2009
        Thank you Your Excellency.

        Guy

        Message 3 of 6 , May 17, 2009
          Wow.
          Tell me another story from the real old days where there was 1 area code, "pay phones,"
          and what life was like before Al Gore invented the internet.

          -Kevin Ambrozijwski

          Master Phillip asked local seneschals to put together our groups histories. In that process I am pouring over early senscahal's reports for Grey Gargoyles and came across this remark:
          " We also hope to encourage more of our members to travel to events in Illinois and Indiana, and hope to make them more a recognized part of the Treyundir area."

          It is from a July, 1980 report.
          Does anyone recognize the name Treyundir? What was it?

          If anyone remembers this please contact me of list.>.

          I dropped Guy a private note but since this is about history I thought I'd pass it on in public as well.

          This was an early suggestion for a name for the combined Chicago area groups based on using the 312 area code changed into a modified Romance language.

          AElfred

        • Wolfram von Waldersbach
          Message 4 of 6 , May 17, 2009
            Nice. Thanks for the info.

            So, is it too late to use Treyundir as a name instead?  ;-)

            In Service,

            "Voca me cum benedictis"
            2008 Midlands Regional Archery Champion

            To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
            From: AndreAllen@...
            Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 10:43:31 -0400

            Master Phillip asked local seneschals to put together our groups histories. In that process I am pouring over early senscahal's reports for Grey Gargoyles and came across this remark:
            " We also hope to encourage more of our members to travel to events in Illinois and Indiana, and hope to make them more a recognized part of the Treyundir area."

            It is from a July, 1980 report.
            Does anyone recognize the name Treyundir? What was it?

            If anyone remembers this please contact me of list.>.

            I dropped Guy a private note but since this is about history I thought I'd pass it on in public as well.

            This was an early suggestion for a name for the combined Chicago area groups based on using the 312 area code changed into a modified Romance language.

            AElfred

            Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.
          • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
            Message 5 of 6 , May 18, 2009
              That would need to be TreyundirOctquadseptSeptsepttrey these days.  At least.
              :-)

              Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
              http://robyyan.googlepages.com

              From: AndreAllen@aol. com
              Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 10:43:31 -0400