Treyundir ?

  • David Valenta
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15 1:45 PM
      Greetings all,

      Master Phillip asked local seneschals to put together our groups histories. In that process I am pouring over early senscahal's reports for Grey Gargoyles and came across this remark:
      " We also hope to encourage more of our members to travel to events in Illinois and Indiana, and hope to make them more a recognized part of the Treyundir area."

      It is from a July, 1980 report.
      Does anyone recognize the name Treyundir? What was it?

      If anyone remembers this please contact me of list.

      Guy Dawkins
    • AndreAllen@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17 7:43 AM

        Master Phillip asked local seneschals to put together our groups histories. In that process I am pouring over early senscahal's reports for Grey Gargoyles and came across this remark:
        " We also hope to encourage more of our members to travel to events in Illinois and Indiana, and hope to make them more a recognized part of the Treyundir area."

        It is from a July, 1980 report.
        Does anyone recognize the name Treyundir? What was it?

        If anyone remembers this please contact me of list.>.

        I dropped Guy a private note but since this is about history I thought I'd pass it on in public as well.

        This was an early suggestion for a name for the combined Chicago area groups based on using the 312 area code changed into a modified Romance language.

        AElfred

      • David Valenta
        Message 3 of 6 , May 17 7:54 AM
          Thank you Your Excellency.

          Guy

          Message 4 of 6 , May 17 8:12 AM
            Wow.
            Tell me another story from the real old days where there was 1 area code, "pay phones,"
            and what life was like before Al Gore invented the internet.

            -Kevin Ambrozijwski

            Master Phillip asked local seneschals to put together our groups histories. In that process I am pouring over early senscahal's reports for Grey Gargoyles and came across this remark:
            " We also hope to encourage more of our members to travel to events in Illinois and Indiana, and hope to make them more a recognized part of the Treyundir area."

            It is from a July, 1980 report.
            Does anyone recognize the name Treyundir? What was it?

            If anyone remembers this please contact me of list.>.

            I dropped Guy a private note but since this is about history I thought I'd pass it on in public as well.

            This was an early suggestion for a name for the combined Chicago area groups based on using the 312 area code changed into a modified Romance language.

            AElfred

          • Wolfram von Waldersbach
            Message 5 of 6 , May 17 3:56 PM
              Nice. Thanks for the info.

              So, is it too late to use Treyundir as a name instead?  ;-)

              In Service,

              "Voca me cum benedictis"
              2008 Midlands Regional Archery Champion

              To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
              From: AndreAllen@...
              Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 10:43:31 -0400

              Master Phillip asked local seneschals to put together our groups histories. In that process I am pouring over early senscahal's reports for Grey Gargoyles and came across this remark:
              " We also hope to encourage more of our members to travel to events in Illinois and Indiana, and hope to make them more a recognized part of the Treyundir area."

              It is from a July, 1980 report.
              Does anyone recognize the name Treyundir? What was it?

              If anyone remembers this please contact me of list.>.

              I dropped Guy a private note but since this is about history I thought I'd pass it on in public as well.

              This was an early suggestion for a name for the combined Chicago area groups based on using the 312 area code changed into a modified Romance language.

              AElfred

              Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.
            • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
              Message 6 of 6 , May 18 4:24 PM
                That would need to be TreyundirOctquadseptSeptsepttrey these days.  At least.
                :-)

                Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
                http://robyyan.googlepages.com

                From: AndreAllen@aol. com
                Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 10:43:31 -0400