Re: [Ayreton] Fighters/Fencers - Protective Equipment Recall

  • Christina King
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      I saw this at least three times before it occurred to me to check my son's cup brand for baseball.  It's not an under armour, but thanks for posting the extra bit about kids in sports.

      Mihri

      On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Wendy Pastrick <trybl_dance@...> wrote:

      *Not a joke...really!....I subscribe to consumer recall services and was quite suprised to see this one*
      Also important if you have kids involved in sports.

      In service,
      Jale
      --------------------------------

      1. NEWS from CPSC
      U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
      Office of Information and Public Affairs
      Washington, DC 20207

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      April 29, 2009
      Release #09-202

      Firm's Recall Hotline: (888) 823-0343
      CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
      CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908
      Firm's Media Contact: Diane Pelkey, (410) 246-5927

      Under Armour Recalls Athletic Cups Due To Injury Hazard

      WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

      Name of Product: Under Armour Athletic Cups

      Units: About 211,000

      Importer: Under Armour Inc, of Baltimore, Maryland

      Hazard: The cups can break if hit, posing a risk of serious injury hazard to athletes.

      Incidents/Injuries: Under Armour has received five reports of cups breaking, including an injury involving cuts and bruising.

      Description: This recall involves all athletic cups that have the Under Armour logo, including adult, teen, and youth sizes. The cups were sold individually and as part of a set with compression, slider, or jock shorts.

      Sold at: Sporting good stores and Under Armour outlets nationwide and at www.underarmour.com from January 2006 through March 2009 for about $15.

      Manufactured in: China

      Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the athletic cup and contact Under Armour for a $20 voucher for use online or at any Under Armour specialty or outlet store.

      Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Under Armour toll-free at (888) 823-0343 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's Web site at www.underarmour.com/productsafety

      To see this recall on CPSC's web site, including a picture of the recalled product, please go to:
      http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09202.html

      --
      Christina King
      http://www.rakschristina.com