OT: As Common as Otter Plop

  • Folo Watkins
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2009
      (A silver penny to anyone who recognizes where the quote came from)

      Anyone who is not going to Coronation is invited to the other end of the scale.

      Micel Folcland, a branch of Regia Anglorum, will be holding the first
      event of its season this weekend, 2-3 May. It will be held at Forest
      Glen Preserve near Westville, Illinois, just south of Danville. Regia
      Anglorum is dedicated to the accurate representation of British and
      Scandinavian culture from 950 to 1066. Micel Folcland whittles it
      down to the Danelaw of the early eleventh century and will feature
      everyday life and activities, including textile production, cooking,
      militia drill and possibly lye production.

      Admittance is free, and public hours are between 10 am to 4 pm.
      Further information and directions at
      http://www.advancenet.net/folo/folcland_fest_2009.htm

      Cheers, Folo
      www.micelfolcland.org
      http://regia.org
    • Kyla
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2009
        Oooh! Ooh! Me - I know - it's from the Dark Ages mini series!
        The stone mason's wife says it.

        Now we're going to have to watch the whole series again.

        Tabitha Pennywarden, pleased to actually get a quote attribution.

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • suzanearley@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2009
          I thought it was from Pogo.

[...]

          "Special Notices".  Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Fern
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2009
          • 81 KB
          Dear Aryeton,

          For those of you are going to Coronation this weekend, I wonder if you will have the opportunity to print out and bring along some copies of this flyer? Either color or black&white would be OK.

          This is the flyer for the XL event here in October. I have revised the text to make it more appealing, and added some information.

          Please talk up the event if anyone asks about it. There will be new updates to the website shortly after this weekend.

          Thanks very much for your help!

          Fern

        • Wendy Pastrick
          Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2009
            Taking some with me!

            Jale

            Message 6 of 10 , May 3, 2009
              >Oooh! Ooh! Me - I know - it's from the Dark Ages mini series!
              >The stone mason's wife says it.
              >
              >Now we're going to have to watch the whole series again.

              Right on the money! A wonderful series that almost no Yanks know about!

              Cheers, Folo
            • Folo Watkins
              Message 7 of 10 , May 3, 2009

                Message 8 of 10 , May 3, 2009
                  Thank you very much, Jale!

                  Getting help from the other people in Aryeton is what makes this whole event possible!

                  regards,

                  Fern

                  Message 9 of 10 , May 9, 2009
                    Greetings to All,
                    My name is Katriona ONeill (Diana Hershaw) and I was a member in the mid
                    70s before I moved to Milwaukee. My husband and I are now extreamly
                    inactive even in my own household (Dark Horde Moritu) but are interested
                    in possibly coming down for your big celebration. My problem is that I
                    can't seem to find the info for this, not being a computer geek. Could
                    you please send me a copy of the flyer directly to my email. I would
                    very much appreciate this. Thank you very much. Yours in Service Kat

                    --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Pastrick <trybl_dance@...> wrote:

                    > Taking some with me!
                    >
                    > Jale
                    >

                    > ________________________________
                    Attachment]

                    > [Attachment(s) from Fern included below]
                    >

                    > Dear Aryeton,
                    >
                    > For those of you are going to Coronation this weekend, I wonder if you
                    will have the opportunity to print out and bring along some copies of
                    this flyer? Either color or black&white would be OK.

                    > This is the flyer for the XL event here in October. I have revised the
                    text to make it more appealing, and added some information.

                    > Please talk up the event if anyone asks about it. There will be new
                    updates to the website shortly after this weekend.

                    > Thanks very much for your help!
                    >
                    > Fern

                  • Craig
                    Message 10 of 10 , May 10, 2009
                      Welcome!

                      I've emailed you off of the list with the flier and event information.

                      Hope you can make it!
                      ~philip