Re: [Ayreton] Ayreton Badge Contest

  • Michael Tyderek
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 18 7:36 AM
      Very good points across the board Alan.  My intention was just to get the ball rolling, and look at it go  :)
      Got any ideas?  It really shouldn't be a difficult thing, but it will become some kind of political thing.  So I think the solution will be that it, (the badge) become a completely new thing, not based in any existing device.  That should be good.

      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 3, 2006
        Sorry, I messed up did not include the reasons for the badges. You are right about the hand under the table and the pizza.
        The first one celebrates the REAL official animal of the area: the Construction Horse (gold (yellow) horse across a black stripe extending into the distance). Yeah, I know, perspective is right out in heraldry.
        Oh, a question to all of the fine heralds out there. How is wind depicted in heraldry?

        I don't get the first one, but the 'under the table' and the 'pizza on a restaurant table' I dig. :D
        From: "exit104" <exit104@yahoo. com>